I need some info.

indian347

Reaction score
I have a 03 250 4x4 with 71 thou on it that i tow with. I tow 8 thou and take very good care of it . Today we start out and i have a squile in the left front that doesn't change when you hit the brakes or jerk the wheel . So I'm real nervous now me and a buddy stop i cut the wheel hard left. We feel around and nothing is hot beside the rotter .We start out and the noise is gone. Now that bites Now i figure it need brakes they are factory. Ive heard that there is a problem sometimes with 4x4 Front wheel bearings.:dunno and i could use some info ! Thanks much Jim

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jack it up and roll the tire, if you suspect a bearing you should hear/feel it. Theres a chance you had a rock in the brakes. Had that happen on the left front of my F350 a few years ago and I thought the front end was falling off. Took it home and pulled the tire and found the offending rock firmly wedged in between the pad and rotor.

indian347

Reaction score
Mike

Thanks so much for the help. I did a brake job on it that it didn't need and spun the wheel. nothing heard i even put a crow bar under it and it was good .So I'm going to run it. I didn't think any one was going to help. Thanks Jim

pfarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get rocks in wheat fields all the time. It will scare the crap out of you when it squeals. Only once did I have to pull the wheel to get it out. Every other time it came out on it's own. Make sure you didn't get into any baling wire, barbed wire or anything like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online