I Hid My I-Pod and now use a Remote

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
About six months ago I hard wired my I-Pod to the truck 6-CD radio and rear seat radio controls.

It was a pain to either have to cover the I-Pod which used a Belkin cup holder, or have to disconnect it and hide it.

Yesterday I had an idea. Went to Home Depot and bought a 1" wide piece of aluminum stock. Bending it at a 90 degree angle and using self tapping screws, I screwed it into the inside of the center console. On the top, I drilled a hold large enough for the I-Pod holder to screw in. I cut the rubber cup holder nut from the Belkin cup holder I-Pod holder and screwed that into the bottom of the plastic holding screw. Since I already had the wiring coming up into the center console, I relocated it into the box of the center console.

I bought a Scosche remote control for the I-Pod and mounted the transmitter to the gear shift lever.

It operates perfectly and I can control on/off, next song, previous and play/pause without having to go to the I-Pod.

Best of all - it's hidden, and whats hidden doesn't get stolen!!

If your interested, I have some additional pictures in the Signature Link below.

Attachments

• I-Pod.6.JPG
    I-Pod.6.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 8
  • I-Pod.4.JPG
    I-Pod.4.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 8
  • I-Pod.3.JPG
    I-Pod.3.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 9
  • I-Pod.2.JPG
    I-Pod.2.JPG