I have a black thumb but diesels are new to me...

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
But see here I have the problem and so it must be a thing. And why is the vehicle being parted out or at the scrap yard? I can’t reliably answer that question. Hence why I would like to find a place to order it new.
The new ones look quite pricey.Like nitroguy said,they aren't high wear parts,so if you give it a once over you will be fine.FWIW I hope nobody would scrap a truck because it has a fuel leak.

Rock

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But see here I have the problem and so it must be a thing.

It also sounds like you're missing one or two clamps, you said three were clamped on each side, that's only two of four clamps. Missing clamps cause that particular issue.

And why is the vehicle being parted out or at the scrap yard? I can’t reliably answer that question.

Age, rust, title issues, bad transmission, cylinder cavitation, blown head gasket, grenaded rear axle.... ...... .... Leaking hardlines are one of the least likely reasons.

Hence why I would like to find a place to order it new.

Not that there's anything at all wrong with that. I'm just answering your concerns.

I can't remember where I heard someone had bad really bad experience with new lines. Absolute diesel maybe??? Please please please READ THE HALL OF SHAME before buying anything!

I don't know who to suggest for NEW hardlines. Possibly Oregon Fuel Injection but I've never heard good or bad about them so I don't know.

Reggie f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pay attention what you see in a junk yard, you'll be amazed by what you can find. My truck was almost one of them. School district didn't know what was wrong, thought engine was blown so they sold it for scrap. I got it before it went. It ultimately needed glow plugs and a lift pump to run. Lots of good cars and trucks end up there.

BaugyDangerous

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I may have it fixed.

I ordered parts from Oregon Fuel Injection. New #2 line, injector, and clamps.

They came late but in the mail this morning. So I started my tear down and went in to town for supplies. Parts were waiting when I got home.

Turns out it was not a split line but a cross thread. The line was loose enough to spin when I removed it and the injector. Replaced the injector and put the new line in. No more leak.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I may have it fixed.

I ordered parts from Oregon Fuel Injection. New #2 line, injector, and clamps.

They came late but in the mail this morning. So I started my tear down and went in to town for supplies. Parts were waiting when I got home.

Turns out it was not a split line but a cross thread. The line was loose enough to spin when I removed it and the injector. Replaced the injector and put the new line in. No more leak.

Thanks for all your help guys.
Glad you got your truck back.:Thumbs Up:Thumbs Up

Rock

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88