I did it!

Silver 6.7

Reaction score
I'm a former Duramax owner and decieded that in changing from a short bed truck to a long bed that I'd try a dodge. I now own an 07 3500 4x4, quad cab, long bed, SRW truck with the 6.7L/6 speed auto. I like it a lot. Looking for a few tips on what oil filters dodge folks seem to prefer. Any special techniques for changing oil and fuel filters. They seem less accessable than on my old Duramax. I've olny got 200 miles on it so far but it seems like a great truck.

Thanks for your help.

Greenhornet1986

Reaction score
Fleetguard filters for the oil, and either fleetguard or baldwin fuel filters. The baldwin # for the 5mic filter(only one offered, fleetguard makes 7mic as its smallest) is PF7977. Dont know if it will work on the 6.7 though.

Here is where I buy my filters: http://www.genosgarage.com/departments.asp?dept=2

I see that the fuel filter is different for the 6.7, so disregaurd what I said about the baldwin.

Silver 6.7

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Now my next problem: The user manual that came with my truck only covers the 5.9/4 speed combinations. Has anyone seen an updated manual for my new 6.7/6 speed truck> I found and downloaded the factory shop manual for 06 trucks, this probably covers a lot of brakes, body, etc.

I'd sure like a copy of the factory manual for the new beast.

Thanks Again

I think I'll go out more and do some more driving!

MMeier

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Now my next problem: The user manual that came with my truck only covers the 5.9/4 speed combinations. Has anyone seen an updated manual for my new 6.7/6 speed truck> I found and downloaded the factory shop manual for 06 trucks, this probably covers a lot of brakes, body, etc.

I'd sure like a copy of the factory manual for the new beast.

Thanks Again

I think I'll go out more and do some more driving!

Spend $45k plus on a truck.... I'd be TELLING the dealer where you bought it to cough one up!:backoff And.... where the heck are the pics !!:yell:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Staff online