I am looking to buy a new diesel

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive them all before you buy one.... Buy the one you like, but dont blame me if you get a 6.0... I've had over 100,000 trouble free miles with the exception of a leaky rear yoke seal and the ubiquitous Cummins ISB Lift pump. The yoke seal was warranty, and the lift pump could have been warranty - but I'd rather the local Dodge dealer stay out from under my hood. over 60,000 of those miles have been at over 300 RWHP. Currently un-dynoed combination should yield 440-450 RWHP.

You want a truck that will rock your world?? Get a 1998 Dodge Quad Cab 12V with a 5sp and stick a couple thousand more into it - 400RWHP comes easily...

jtisdale

Professional time killer
Reaction score
|stupid

I agree with Russ. Its your money, go drive them and pick the one you like best, and then hope like hell your still happy with it when the payment book comes.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
I really think you should drive all three my person experiece is the Obvious the Dodges right now have more power..but the Interiors (Sorry) Just look Cheap...The Fords Drive great..the Chevys well..Cost more??

Brickman

Reaction score
A Didge is well a Didge!

The seats hurt my ass and back. After riding in a didge both are completely nerve dead. And after only a few minutes in my Ford seat both come back to life.

:D:D:D

slumlord

Reaction score
It sounds like you like the Ford for the truck part and the Dodge for the engine. If you could find a very late model V-10 and put a Cummins in it, you may be a happy camper. go to fordcummins.com and do the math. I would get a '97 12 valve if I were to go this way. The first question I would ask these guys is how do you put the information lights,[idiot lights] in the Ford dash display?

XcumminsX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont get a ford...they suck will last 1/2 as long as the cummins....wont leak oil...wont have gas in the crankcase....cummins still uses pilot injection...ford doesnt because they didnt work it right....If you get a ford and spend 40+ and it breaks like most of them have dont cry about it....Ill just have to laugh ans say...oh well should have got the cummins...

portlandguy

Reaction score
I like the look and size of the ford crew cab but I know of three people that own the 6L all have had problems 2 have used the lemon law to force ford to buy them back.

No thanks I went with 04 dodge quad cab so far I have been very happy with the truck

longhair

Reaction score
I've got 182k hard miles on my 99 Look at what alot of these Dodge owners are saying One guy had 4 trucks since 95 That 'll prove a lot another has 12k no problems Big Deal the motor is not broken in yet The only time I've replaced a part on my engine was to modify it Powerstrokes outsell Dodge and Dura combined If you buy a 2004.25 You'll get a great engine It's got 80 modifications from the old 6.0 These reason it took Ford time to fix the problem is because every change they made had to be approved by the federal gov. because of Tier enissions and you knoe how fast the gov works If you going to look at awebsite for how many people had bad experience also look at how amany people haven't It's a small percentage Of course you're going to gear more from the people who have trouble than those who don't and rightly so Remember anything with **** or tires can give you fits