I am looking to buy a new diesel

Jumper

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new diesel truck. I am leaning towards Ford but I am a little scared of the new 6.0L although I would like the power LOL. Tell me why I should buy Ford when the Cummins has proven itself.

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jumper
I am looking to buy a new diesel truck. I am leaning towards Ford but I am a little scared of the new 6.0L although I would like the power LOL. Tell me why I should buy Ford when the Cummins has proven itself.

Jumper:

My answer isn't technical but I'll offer it regardless; Buy the Ford because the Cummins is in a Dodge. ;)

I understand your concerns about the 6.0 and it's my understanding that the bugs are pretty well worked out and that Ford has handled all complaints pretty well.

As for the Dodge, well, it's a Dodge. :eek:

dieselram

Reaction score
Cummins has just increased their power numbers. The engines being built from now on will be 325/600 hp/tq. So you will get less power going with the Ford.
Will

BigSix

Reaction score
If Ford offered the Cummins in '95 when I jumped ship, I'd still be in a Ford. However, after four Dodge Cummins trucks, I'm convinced that the Dodge part is as good as the Ford part but I run stock power in my trucks. I haven't had any tranny troubles. I needed a long bed with a short turning radius more than a full sized crew cab so the Quad Cab suits me better. They're both good trucks and the '04 6.0 seems to be doing ok occording to the folks who own them on the DS site. My DC is a standard output so they "all" pass me like I'm sitting still.;)

White Ram

Reaction score
there is only one reason to buy the Ford.

#1. You absolutley positivley just NEED to have a true crew cab truck.

other than that get a Dodge.

steve

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
Originally posted by White Ram
there is only one reason to buy the Ford.

#1. You absolutley positivley just NEED to have a true crew cab truck.

other than that get a Dodge.

steve

Steve:

Three trucks ago I would have bought a Dodge in a heart beat if they even made an extended cab. It was the first year they made the new body style and they only sold regular cabs.

Perfect Teeth

Reaction score
Jumper,

Don't believe it when guys tell you a Dodge truck won't last. That's BS. I can't wear out my 94 Dodge. It'll flatten my eyeballs at will too.

The newer Dodge's are alott more refined than mine.

The Ford truck is strong, but the Diesel engine is a POS.

Stick with the low end grunt and simplicity of an I-6, 6BT5.9. Cummins. You won't be dissapointed. :)

Last edited:

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally do not like the dodge as a truck but I would'nt mind having the motor:D

Last edited:

ckruse

Reaction score
Go over to the dieselstop.com website, click on the forums, click on 6.0 and see how well they have the problems worked out!

Some folks never learn! I was also leaning toward a new Ford 7 months ago, based on good performance from my dad's 2002 7.3. A little reading took care of that! I bought the 2003 Dodge/Cummins and have been very happy 12,000 trouble free miles later. There is not that much difference in the trucks anymore. There is a HUGE difference in the powertrain. Please go check it out for yourself, also see how well Ford is backing them. Just my .02. By the way the one thing I HATE about my dad's Ford is the ridiculous turning radius. The Quad Cab works out great for me, to each his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online