"HOWES LUBRUCATOR" Question

FOXY005

Reaction score
About the only thing my local TSA sells for winter anti-gell and water dispersion is Howes Lubricator, not being that familiar with
this product I would appreciate any feedback pro or con on
Howes Lubricator. :thanks:

me4osu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Howes lubricator since my first lift pump died at 83K miles. The latest one lived around 72,000 miles, so I can't say it is much better than others on lubrication. I am going to start using John Deere additives exclusively in the future. In my opinion, Stanadyne is the best, but the JD is a little cheaper. Plus, I can go to my local JD dealer to get it, thus saving the freight. I used JD off and on, but I am going to stick with it from now on. They make a winter formula which is one of the best for pour point depression.

Here is an independent laboratory test of the different additives.
The JD products were the only ones that stood up to the Stanadyne. SWRI Test

Last edited:

FOXY005

Reaction score
me4osu

Thanks for the info and the link, printed myself a copy of the bulletin for refference John Deere Winter sounds like a good product. There is a John Deere Dealer a few miles from my house I will definitly have to check them out.

FOXY005

me4osu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the JD additive is made by the Golden Eagle company according to the MSDS sheet. Here is the link JD Summer MSDS

The Stanadyne MSDS lists their power products division as the manufacturer. Stanadyne MSDS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online