How to polish a ****, for Dummies

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Ok it's legal, finally got it registered and insured so it's road legal and drivable.. As expected i still have things to do, like my wiper motor is'nt working so i need to replace that or maybe it's just the switch. Also need to wire up my licence plate lights.. But never the less it's ready for some test miles, probly going to run the ball's off of it on sunday and try to put some miles on it. Realy wanna put a few hundred miles on it locally before i take it on any little trips, just so i know it's good to go...

:thumbsup: Drive it like ya stole it.:thumbsup:

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put 37 test miles on it locally, drives good and runs great.. Only real problems are the tires are out of balance a bit and the throwout barring is making noise. Not looking forwad to putting another throwout barring in it, especaily since this one has 37 miles on it but it sounds like it's junk.. I geuss it must be defective or something, thats all i can geuss.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I read through this thread again and i must not be using the same polish cuz mine is still an ugly ****!

All joking aside glad ya got it goin finally. What would u say the total investment was in this?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything said and done as it sits including what i payed for it and title and tag.. I'm rite around 4,500 in it, not 100% sure since there is things i bought that i don't have recites for but close to that give or take.. Going to cost me another probly 500 bucks to buy the exhaust and other needed stuff to install the turbo, but it runs great and has decant power so i probly wont be putting that on untill late summer/fall...

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read through this thread again and i must not be using the same polish cuz mine is still an ugly ****!

You got the perfect truck being a 1-ton and a 5spd, what you need is a rust free doner body either from down south like mine or just search for a pappy truck 2wd with a clean body i find them all the time up here...

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it just passed 600 miles since i put it on the road yesterday.. Has been working good, and the throwout barring stoped making noise after maybe 100 miles so i geuss it just needed broke in. Getting ready for the turbo now, just waiting on more spare coin so i can purchase some needed parts before i put it on..

Only real complaints are my fuel gauge doesn't always work, and my rear antilock light is on.. Got another cluster yesterday, going to change the fuel gauge but the rear antilock light has me baffled. I'm asuming the sensor is all it could be, is there a fuse or relay or something under the dash at all for it??

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So should i start a new build thread or start up my old one? its a full rebuild all over again, lol

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its gamblers choice on this. Either way we do want to know what is going on. Some of us don't get out much and live vicariously thru "stories" posted here...:angel::D

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i gotta get pics up, stripped the frame bare sandblasted it and did a dana 60 swap.. Back on wheels now im going thru the engine and getting that ready..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am making all braided lines, does anyone know exactly what fitting i need to go into the injection pump? Planning on all -6 line just dont know the size at the pump..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay maybe they'll chime in.. Id buy one of mel's lines but i already have it all, ptfe lined hise and everything just need that fitting. Plus im running it into an aftermarket filter head thats going to be a bit relocated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp