How many First Gen. guys we have?

lazermule

Reaction score
I just bought a 1st gen today. It is a 91 dually with a 5 speed. It must be a late 91 as it has an intercooler. Drove it home 125 miles, got better than 20 mpg and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Shows 175K on the clock, just had all new brakes including a master cylinder installed, new battery, new Michelins all around, starter, and alternator. Body is pretty good but needs a drivers side rocker and inner fender, but in the deal came a rust free complete rolling southern truck for body parts.

I got the whole package for $1850. So how did I do?

This is my second Cummins in the barn, I have a 2002 2500QC 4x4 HO 6spd with 50K on it as well. It spends a lot of time waxed up in the garage but works hard in front of my 32 foot goose when it's out of the garage. Basically stock with a MIA silencer ring and 285 tires.

Gotta have the CTD's!!!

LAZERMULE

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
I just bought a 1st gen today. It is a 91 dually with a 5 speed. It must be a late 91 as it has an intercooler. Drove it home 125 miles, got better than 20 mpg and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Shows 175K on the clock, just had all new brakes including a master cylinder installed, new battery, new Michelins all around, starter, and alternator. Body is pretty good but needs a drivers side rocker and inner fender, but in the deal came a rust free complete rolling southern truck for body parts.

I got the whole package for $1850. So how did I do?

This is my second Cummins in the barn, I have a 2002 2500QC 4x4 HO 6spd with 50K on it as well. It spends a lot of time waxed up in the garage but works hard in front of my 32 foot goose when it's out of the garage. Basically stock with a MIA silencer ring and 285 tires.

Gotta have the CTD's!!!

LAZERMULE

Yeah a truck like that around here would have sold for $4,000+.

lazermule

Reaction score
NV or Getrag???

Anyone know how to tell the NV or the Getrag apart?

All I know is it is a 5 speed and reverse is down to the far right, 1st is up and to the far left and 5th is up to the far right. Seems very smooth and quiet and has 175K on it.

Thanks,

LM

Grey Wolf

Reaction score
Anyone know how to tell the NV or the Getrag apart?

All I know is it is a 5 speed and reverse is down to the far right, 1st is up and to the far left and 5th is up to the far right. Seems very smooth and quiet and has 175K on it.

Thanks,

LM

LM look on the side of the case Getrag is on the data tag and may even be on the case itself, sorry it's raining here or I would go look:D

unixcowboy

Reaction score
Newcomer to group.
I've had my 93 for 3 yrs and 75K miles. Bought it w/254K for $3500 ( and with a front end
wobble). Fixed the steering this year...
Plan on upgrading the tranny to a locking convertor, POD injectors, 4" side stacks - can't
put in bed stacks w/topper. Some pump work, and I already have a 16cm comrpessor.
Boost w/H1C reads 10 @65, and 14 at WOT and 85. OH yes - 3200 rpm spring. 2200 is pitiful.
Pulled a FULLY loaded 6x8 U-Haul to Mi from Tx @75 and boost never went over 14 except
when starting from standstill.
The GreyGhost is like me - old but refusing to quit. Hope to get another 300K or so out
of her.

TGM

Reaction score
Duck'ed Determination

Names KW, and the truck is a 1993 CTD Intercooled LE Dually.

Stock as they come, for the moment.

Mods next
Gauges
4" to 5" from Turbo
Quad 5" stacks out the boom box
Pump Mods
better injectors
bandaids for the A518

Attachments

• Drags62207136.jpg
    Drags62207136.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Drags62207139.jpg
    Drags62207139.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 8
  • Drags62207140.jpg
    Drags62207140.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 12

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Count another one. I just bought my 1st Gen about a month ago and this makes diesel #4 for me. MaxiPad, '00 Cummins, '01 Stroke and now the latest and greatest.

Found a cherry '03 350 LE extended cab. Truck was bone stock as far as I can tell with 150k on the ticker. The interior of the truck looked almost showroom new, with only a small tear in the seat on the driver side at the crease, and a sagging headliner by the rearview mirror. Everything works, power windows, power locks, A/C, cruise control, and tape player. I've had to add a pair of 12v outlets since the old owners took out the ash tray to put the brake controller. Other than that, the only problem is the wandering steering, needs new speakers, and need of a paint job since the hood is badly oxidized and the roof is beyone hope. Truck has a reman Getrag in it and 3.55s with the LSD, new Bridgestone REVOs on the rear and new highway tread on teh front, and gets 20+ mpg. Paid $6k for it. Next up:

Gages
Replace ball joints
Check out the rear end
Replace teh stock muffler with a glasspack
Crank up the VE
Wait for teh clutch to finally crap out and replace it

Later on I'll swap out the injectors and turbo for a HX35. But there's a lot of other stuff I need to get.

MMeier

Reaction score
Count another one. I just bought my 1st Gen about a month ago and this makes diesel #4 for me. MaxiPad, '00 Cummins, '01 Stroke and now the latest and greatest.

Found a cherry '03 350 LE extended cab. Truck was bone stock as far as I can tell with 150k on the ticker. The interior of the truck looked almost showroom new, with only a small tear in the seat on the driver side at the crease, and a sagging headliner by the rearview mirror. Everything works, power windows, power locks, A/C, cruise control, and tape player. I've had to add a pair of 12v outlets since the old owners took out the ash tray to put the brake controller. Other than that, the only problem is the wandering steering, needs new speakers, and need of a paint job since the hood is badly oxidized and the roof is beyone hope. Truck has a reman Getrag in it and 3.55s with the LSD, new Bridgestone REVOs on the rear and new highway tread on teh front, and gets 20+ mpg. Paid $6k for it. Next up:

Gages
Replace ball joints
Check out the rear end
Replace teh stock muffler with a glasspack
Crank up the VE
Wait for teh clutch to finally crap out and replace it

Later on I'll swap out the injectors and turbo for a HX35. But there's a lot of other stuff I need to get.
Hey Brian, where you been hiding? A 1 st gen this time, cool! Just straight pipe the thing, why waste $$$ on a POS glasspack, mine sounds pretty sweet, just put a hunk of pipe in place of the muffler and a chrome tip and away I went... post some pics of the beast! See you moved AGAIN, still have the same phone # ?