how can I get my truck to smoke more

jeeptjstud

Reaction score
I have a 1999 CTD 2500. I bought it with dual 4" exhaust. tubo cooldown, stage 2 injectors, it doesnt blow much smoke, just a little gray haze at take off if I really gun it but thats it. Is there any way to turn up the injector pump? if I add a aftermarket chip would that help? if so--which is the best for the black stuff.

jeeptjstud

Reaction score
what a boost fooler? how much are they? does an edge EZ smoke more than anything else?

jeeptjstud

Reaction score
The guy who had it before me added a banks big-head wastegate actuator, is this my problem for why I can blow out the black stuff?

DSteinel

Reaction score
The edge comp gives you the ability to control low boost fueling, more low boost fuel = more smoke before the turbo spools. The Bank$ wastegate prolly just allows higher boost before the wastegate opens, if that is the case that will allow more air in under full load which means less smoke at WOT. The edge EZ will not give much if any smoke for real smoke you need the comp, Both edge boxes have built in boost foolers so yo don't need to buy one, all a fooler does is trick the engine into thinking that it has not reached full boost yet which allowes it to keep fueling. If you want to get just a boost fooler right now Haisley Machine sells the ADD or anti defueling device, it works good on my truck

jeeptjstud

Reaction score
how much is the anti fueling device, how hard is it to install

DSteinel

Reaction score
It is $69 And it takes less than 2 minutes to install, just unplug your map sensor which is back behind your fuel filter and plug this in in between the sensor and the old plug

TheWolf

Reaction score
Catching on yet? :D It never ends, it's an addiction(or a disease). Hard to stop once you start LOL Good Luck!

kbcdodge

Reaction score
OR sliding down the slippery slope. Comp box will make smoke.5x5 and hammer down

bigtex

trial and error
Reaction score
ya know what i see when other diesel owners "roll coal"? alot of money ******* out of the pipes and a huge display of immaturity. i agree with the other guys, more power = more broke stuff

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
If you want lots of black smoke just put a Walmart bag around the air filter. Smoke DOES NOT = POWER. If you want to see black smoke, put a tire in the bed and light it on fire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93 Farm Truck