Hood flew open while driving and now won’t close correctly

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

like the genius I am, I forgot to fully latch my hood today after checking my oil, and made it about 30 feet down my apartment driveway before the hood sprang right up. It’s an empty neighborhood so nothing bad happened but now my hood doesn’t quite work.

It won’t close right, and is scraping the paint off my cowl when I open or close it. . The passenger side of the hood is roughly 1/2 inch too low which seems to be the main problem. Drivers side is lined up plumb. Anyone have any tips on how to remedy this? I’ve tried loosening the 4 bolts and pulling it forward but that doesn’t seem to work.

pics attached

passenger side
You must be registered for see images attach

Driver side
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks,
CL

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks, sorry. I had bought a Ranger a few years ago and it was in pretty decent shape considering it was an 83 but had some dings and rust. The hood and driver door, however we’re perfectly straight. I had taken the hood off to pull the engine and laid it back on, latching the safety latch but not bolting it down. It sat there for weeks until I came home from work and saw the hood in my neighbor two doors down’s front yard, about 175 feet away. The wind must have caught it. The hood was tacoed and it made sure to put a big gouge in the drivers door on its way. I was able to get it to fit through the use of some pretty barbaric body work methods but man was I pissed.

Sorry I know that’s not helpful but I do feel your pain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01