High Cost of Diesel Fuel

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
I'm fed up with getting ripped off by the oil companies for fuel. It's only going to get worse and there is no reason for it other then GREED, plain and simple.

How can there be such a huge discrepancy in fuel prices from one area to another? One part of the country pays $2.03, while another pays $2.35 and the Pacific NW pays $2.95 per gallon.

If you really want to try to do something about the rising fuel prices contact your state and federal representatives and let them know that you are unhappy and want something done. Tell them to stop paying so much attention to the oil company lobbyists and more attention to us, the people who vote for them.

From everything we buy at any store it does not matter what it is the price will reflect the higher fuel costs. I have yet to find anything out yet on whether or not companies like dump truck operators, contractors and the like are getting any tax breaks on their taxes at the end of the year, but really what does it matter they will just past the cost onto the public. What we need to do to get the fuel cost under control, is for the personal use public to get in touch with their elected officials at ALL levels and complain. Even complain to the editor of your local paper, the more the common public knows, the more pressure there will be to get this "******" of personal use diesel owners under control. You want to pay less, then speak out and speak loudly.

I sent my letter to all my Representatives and got a reply within 48 hours. It doesn't take an overwhelming number of complaints to get their attention.

Here's the link you need http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

If we don't do it, no one will do it for us.

Y2KPSD

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
Originally posted by Swany
I think it's kinda obvious we didn't go to war for the oil now

Swany,

I knew that from the get-go but that's a whole nuther discussion. Did you contact your Representatives yet?

Y2KPSD

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I'm certainly not happy with the spike in diesel price...but my boss pays for 100% of my fuel so it only hurts me when the price for goods and services rises...and they are...:mad:

Looks like we are losing the war.

Attachments

• diesel.jpg
    diesel.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 100

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Let's see, Feinstein and Boxer are our Senators, about as usefull as a feather in a fire fight and my rep is a ****, or should I say...Richard..

I sent an email to the 3 stooges

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
Let's see, Feinstein and Boxer are our Senators, about as usefull as a feather in a fire fight and my rep is a ****, or should I say...Richard..

Oh yeah, well I got you beat!

How about Hillary Clinton & Charles Schumer :rotflmao

Well at least President Hillary, oops, I mean Sen. Hillary sent me a reply.

Y2KPSD:D

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
Originally posted by hheynow
I'm certainly not happy with the spike in diesel price...but my boss pays for 100% of my fuel so it only hurts me when the price for goods and services rises...and they are...:mad:
That's no excuse, you should still complain. Someday you may have to pay for it yourself.

Originally posted by hheynow
it only hurts me when the price for goods and services rises...and they are
Sounds like a pretty good reason to contact your Representatives to me.

Y2KPSD

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
These three stooges would probably me more helpful than ours...

Attachments

• threestooges_3.jpg
    threestooges_3.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 76

Texas Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The current gouging of the American People wont end untill we elect a new dictator.

The current Administration is completely in bed with the oil industry. Fuel prices have risen steadly since Mr Bush's election and I think will stay as high or go higher. When you have a President that believes his "base" is the "have and have more" crowd (directly quoting Mr Bush) the little guys, like the average person are nothing more than the peasant class.

Last edited:

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
Originally posted by Texas Diesel
The current Administration is completely in bed with the oil industry. Fuel prices have risen steadily since Mr Bush's election and I think will stay as high or go higher. When you have a President that believes his "base" is the "have and have more" crowd (directly quoting Mr Bush) the little guys, like the average person are nothing more than the peasant class.

That's exactly why it's so important for everyone to contact their Representatives and tell them we won't stand for this any longer! Us average people or "peasant class" folks need to tell them in Washington that this is unacceptable and if enough people do, someone will have to take notice and do something about it.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by Texas Diesel
The current gouging of the American People wont end untill we elect a new dictator.

The current Administration is completely in bed with the oil industry. Fuel prices have risen steadly since Mr Bush's election and I think will stay as high or go higher. When you have a President that believes his "base" is the "have and have more" crowd (directly quoting Mr Bush) the little guys, like the average person are nothing more than the peasant class.

Whatever:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Of course good old Kerry would have kept the price of oil way down :angel:

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ramprat
Whatever:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Of course good old Kerry would have kept the price of oil way down :angel:
Whatever??

This isn't about whose fault it is or isn't. It's about getting fuel prices down to an affordable level for everyone, including you. So don't try to turn this into a ******* match. If you don't want to send a message to your Representatives don't, but then don't complain about the high cost of fuel.

Here's the link again, just in case you have a change of heart. Here

Y2KPSD

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by Y2KPSD
Whatever??

This isn't about whose fault it is or isn't. It's about getting fuel prices down to an affordable level for everyone, including you. So don't try to turn this into a ******* match. If you don't want to send a message to your Representatives don't, but then don't complain about the high cost of fuel.

Here's the link again, just in case you have a change of heart. Here

Y2KPSD

No ******* match intended or wanted, this is not the correct forum for that.

Personally while I hate the high price of fuel, it's cheaper here than in Canada, Japan or Europe.

What do you want, free fuel, America has some of the lowest fuel prices anywhere & now China is sucking up all the oil they can.

It's called free market, the oil companies will sell to the highest bidders to make a proffit.

Who are you to tell them thay can't make money or how much money they can make.

Americans are spoiled rotten, and I'm one of those that are spoiled rotten.

Texas Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing to consider here is the effect of W's invasion of Iraq. Iraq has the 2nd largest oil reserves in the world. Iraq hasnt flowed a drop of crude since Mr Bush invaded and destroyed the Iraqui Infrastructure two years ago. Mr Bush and Mr Cheny are oil men, period. Since Iraqui stopped flowing as a direct result of Mr Bushes invasion the world SUPPLY of crude went down.

Simple economics, supply goes down, prices go up. I know Iraq had a trade embargo that prevented them from selling oil, but they were allowed to have an "oil for food" program where they could trade crude oil for food and medicine. Saddam was also sellig oil via pipeline to Syria then Russia. But still the oil they sold was supplimenting the world crude oil SUPPLY. Cut that off and prices go up, just what two oil men wanted. The fleecing of America I call it.

Beautiful plan! And it explains why the Bush Administration is making NO EFFORT to get Iraqui Oil back in production.

Last edited:

theshyguy

Reaction score
I could be worng but I thought Iraq has been pumping oil to the market. If not, what they they been doing with all that oil they've been pumping? And last I heard it was above prewar levels.

The reason oil is so high is because of China. The reason our(Americans) gas is so high is because the lack of refineries. We keep shutting em down but never replace them, therefore limiting the amount of gasoline and diesel we can make. It ****** me off so much that diesel is usually more expensive than gasoline now when its cheaper to make. I swear its only because they are tryong to offset the mileage benfit with a higher fuel price.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online