Hey, all!

XJ250

XJ250
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this site for a long time, and gotten a lot of information over the last couple years. I've got a 1991 XLT IDI 4x4 that I bought early 2016 or so with a 7.3 and an ATS 088 turbo on it, that engine ended up dropping a valve. Me and my friends at a diesel performance in East Texas put a 98 12 valve Cummins and a S6-650 ZF6 trans in the truck, and "finished" the swap around Jan 2017 It's been my daily driver ever since. I'm going to be moving near Dothan, AL in the next few months, and I know I'll be needing some piddly stuff done to my truck (oil leak, small rework on engine mounts, p/s lines that were rubbing, possible regear, some a/c work) but won't have the time or facilities to do them myself. Does anyone know a trusted mechanic or shop around that area?

XJ250

XJ250
Reaction score
Thanks! I guess there's not many people in that area.. I know the "C" swap word is kinda dirty around here, but I didn't know it was this bad!

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome mate, whatever works. A couple of blokes down here are setting up to repower/upgrade a 4Bt into a 2011 Nissan Patrol (Titan) with a blown up engine.
Since Nissan dropped the 4.2L intercooled TDi & pass off a 3L common rail as the alternative, their sales have nose dived. Knowledge & parts availabilty on Cummins in Australia is a mile ahead of the 7.3 etc.There's a few fitting 5.9 L 6Bt to Nissan patrols, so with the grief I'm having with my F250 :(, I'll look at a Cummins powered truck one again.
My vehicle score F series = 3. Smile score 1.5
Nissan 4wd = 6. Smile score 4.5

Last edited:

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Welcome to OilBurners!

I don't know why some people get so bent out of shape when a Cummins engine gets put in a Ford truck. The original diesel engine wasn't built by Ford.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alot of people have made Cummins swaps in Ford's a other brands of trucks/cars and what not this time of year some maybe busy with gatherings or businesses welcome to the family though