Help

Brandon Crislip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has been acting like either it is missing or it is running out of fuel... only at low rpm. Also if I am barly pushing the throttle sloooowly gaining speed in 3rd or 4th all of a sudden the motor wil wake up and start pulling.... not intentionally... I switched tanks and added some fuel today when it started to get worse... I can't say that it did the choking out thing after I added the fuel... are these symptoms of a lift pump?.. when I was looking at the truck the guy was questionable about the injection pump... with a fuller tank does the lift pump work less?... what is the likelihood my feeder pipes inside both my fuel tanks broke off? How does the fuel gauge work for each tank... a float? Anyone experienced these symptoms... when I bought the truck the front tank was way above full, and The rear tank was wwwaaayyyyy wwwwaaayyy above full so i was almost thinking no way the gauge was working. Help

Brandon Crislip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I had to bypass the fuse link for the ignition switch with a fuse... it blew... after much cranking realized the fuse blew.. replaced truck started fine.. the next day truck started ran very choppy 3 seconds died... didn't have juice to start again.. days later I redid the bypass much cleaner I had used the wire they were running to the injection pump... saw some sketchines when I messed with it the side crimped to the actual wire running to the cab simply slipped out.. the butt crimp was too big.. I imagine this was shorting out... anyway one of the batteries had went bad.. fixed the wire got replacement battery from Spaldings truck fired up so these are a lot of variables guys but I need ideas thoughts I'm open to whatever experiences to sort through

Brandon Crislip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could the short ruin a battery? I've been having to pop the hood to start it as the key works now but not for starting and I do need to cut the big two wires and reconnect because that plastic connection smokes...

Brandon Crislip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry... to clarify on the last post I was talking about something else... the two big wires I was referring to was the ones going to the glow plug relay

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't let the smoke out of the wires, they won't work without it :).

Curious if you have an electric lift pump or mechanical?

If your ign switch is shorting out cause the shutoff on the IP to intermittently cut out with the resistancw and cause fuel starvation symptoms. Or an electric lift may cause the same driving scenario.

Still learning, bare with me if I'm way off idi gurus.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online

No members online now.