1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on RABS codes.

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by Snowmanw900, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Snowmanw900

Snowmanw900 Registered User

I just put all new wheel bearings, seals, wheel cylinders, shoes and hardware and all new brake lines and hose from the RABS dump valve on back. Also installed a new ABS sensor on the differential in my F250 with 10.25 rear.

I've always had the abs light on last year or so. It used to be intermittent, so I figured I'd replace the ABS or VSS (which ever its actually called) in the rear diff housing.

I checked the code and its coming up with a code 7 from what I can tell. It flashes so fast it kinda throws me off. Code 7 is YELLOW REAR ABS light. Code description: No isolate valve self test.

What does that mean? The light stays on weather the truck moves or not, as soon as I turn the key the light is on and stays on.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  2. IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO IDIBRONCO

This may be just from only owning Bull Noses, but I thought that the ABS light is always on on these trucks (just joking). I know that it seems to be that way.

Snowmanw900 likes this.