Hello from Southern Oregon

Trkfmrzrevenge

Reaction score
I'm the new and second owner of a hard-run '85 F250 6.9 IDI. My wife and I came on it fortuitously, but we figured "Why not?" We needed a work truck for the property, and probably my business, too.
So far this rig needs front brakes, got a leak in the front differential, leak in the pan gasket (hopefully not the main seals), there's an intermittent squeak in the release bearing, and this week I discovered the IP needs to be replaced/rebuilt (heat soak, won't start). Once I get it roadworthy I'm thinking tires, lumber rack, and a HD front bumper.

Thanks to all for the OB forum. Looks like a good place to be...

Mike

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Mike. I used to live in Vancouver and spent lots of time working in Medford, Grants Pass, Kalamath Falls, etc: awesome part of the NorthWest. One day I will get down to fish the Rogue, just a little too far away and a little too busy with a little one right this second.

In any case: this is a great forum. I drive a PowerStroke now but I still stay on OB down here in the IDI section because the crowd here is knowledgeable, open minded and in most cases fun too. Ask lots of questions and you will find lots of willing folks to help.

Take care and again welcome aboard.

Trkfmrzrevenge

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome,
I fished a little on Lost Creek Lake and the Applegate (trout) otherwise; I had a mentor who's since gone to his heavenly reward who taught me how to fish Dexter Dam southeast of Eugene. The Springers were incredible. Just wish I'd learned better from him. He would get his daily catch, smoke 'em, make salmon dip, etc. Good times.
Now I let my wife cook the stuff from WinCo and I couldn't have better from a Five star restaurant.
Take care, maybe see you down this way some day...

MDW

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings from Hillsboro. I believe I have close to the same truck. '87 4X4 6.9 idi E4OD.
Pan gasket leak should be trans fluid probably on the pan bolts. First just try to simply tighten them, I should say, snug them up, tight tight might split the gasket and cause you a bigger leak. I just reworked an aftermarket pan on my '94 idit and being this is now the second time around with that problem, it got attacked with gray RTV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online