Head spacer plate

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly, for some. But then you'd have the spec too far on the other end of the spectrum, which is also no bueno in overhead cam engines. Unless you machine a bunch more off to account for the 2nd gasket.

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool find.

So what's their thoughts on assembly? Block-shim-headgasket-head?

Any sealant between block and shim? I don't see how they couldn't TBH, or do you hit it with some permatex spray copper?

From what I understand they are designed to only have one gasket plus the shim. For sealant and installation order, you would have to give the manufacturer a call and see their recommendations. If I was to install some I would use the copper spray and install the shim on the block side but no idea on if its correct or not.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Only thing is, he won't share what it really is. Lol
Wouldn't even need holts bolts running that stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would he?

When I find something that works in a situation people are struggling with, I don't spill the beans.

Although if you read the comments in the post, a lot of people that work in aviation mention a whole host of different products that fit the bill.

I know some saver shims ask you to use hylomar between the deck and shim, and possibly between the shim and headgasket, depending on the type of head gasket used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller

Members online