Hard Start When Hot

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
that's an odd response. since your not close enough there really isn't much he can do to look at the problem. im sure if he thought the pump was defective he would replace free of charge.
I've found thru the years that once someone gets your money for a product they plan on keeping it and come up with reasons why it was theirs to keep to start with!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you installed the IP correctly?! A brand new pump will not work very well if you install it a tooth or two off. Have you timed the pump after installation? Lining the new pump up to the old pump's mark is not accurate in any way.

A small business owner can't afford to return money back to you when there is nothing wrong with the product and the only issue is you simply can't install an IP correctly! Like many people have said before, Mel is the a very fair guy and if he hasn't refunded your money or gotten you a new IP then I'm sure there is no reason to do so. Makes me think you aren't telling us the whole story because you didn't get your way.

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
You must be assuming something as most do when they are ignorant to the facts and can't read so go back and read entire post.Another fact is I didn't ask you for your opinion but I know why you spoke up but if you have nothing to say other then try and "Supporting Member" title for your buddy don't say anything at all.You should have been taught only speak when spoke to other then that stay quite!..Some people think they are entitled and you must be one but I can tell you,you don't know everything!..Oh and everything is bigger in Texas including your mouth!

Last edited:

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are a lot members on here that that have known Mel for a long time and have been doing business with him for a long time. just saying the situation you described doesn't sound like him.

by the way, your on a form so expect to get EVERYONES opinion and input weather you want to hear it or not.

remember YOU came here for help.

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
by the way, your on a form so expect to get EVERYONES opinion and input weather you want to hear it or not.

remember YOU came here for help.[/QUOTE]
I suppose some of you are not reading as I didn't ask him for my money back and have been doing mechanic work for 50 years but don't need someone telling me what they don't know how I did it wrong.MY point is if you have nothing factual to add other then insults keep you fingers off the trigger..GROW UP

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
Always remember thru out life..don't start any and there won't be any"...served me well in the Rangers!

Last edited:

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone puts Conestoga Diesel on a pedestal, but the one major purchase I made through him (Cummins injectors) at the recommendation of this forum was not that smooth, and the warranty process for the bad injector that died in short order was even worse. No one or business is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
It is possible that it is the fuel shut off solenoid that is the problem and not the IP itself. The fss coil can heat soak and not make the solenoid work. My truck did this, replaced the fss and has been fine ever since. The next time it won't start when hot, pull the fss wire off the IP, the touch the wire back to the terminal and listen for a very audible click. If you hear the click, the fss is working.
That's a good question as the IP forum guy built pump so I assume he checked it or replaced it but don't know as I was't looking over his shoulder but I will check it

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, going on a forum and yelling at people who are trying to stay neutral and genuinely want to help you is a great way to get things accomplished.

How did you install the pump? Take the entire thing off with the gear or take the bolts off through the timing gear cover and pull it and the lines towards the rear so the gears stay aligned? Did you time it after?

I understand your frustration but outside of symptoms you haven't really told us a lot about what you did during the change or take a video of it running/ trying to start when hot etc..

Everyone here will help, but some more info would be useful. No one is saying you DID it wrong but we really don't know HOW you did it.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

remember YOU came here for help.
I suppose some of you are not reading as I didn't ask him for my money back and have been doing mechanic work for 50 years but don't need someone telling me what they don't know how I did it wrong.MY point is if you have nothing factual to add other then insults keep you fingers off the trigger..GROW UP[/QUOTE]

ok........

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh boy another internet mechanic with 50 years experience! Are you sure your spark plug wires aren't reversed?

You must be assuming something as most do when they are ignorant to the facts and can't read so go back and read entire post.

You must have forgotten I was one of the first members to reply to you trying to help diagnose your issue and have been subscribed to the thread since the beginning.

...What's going on as I figure it's a fuel issue?

Another fact is I didn't ask you for your opinion

I want you to read this very slowly and try and spot the problem.

Look, everyone here has been trying to get more information to try and help you diagnose your problems, but if you're going to spend all your energy and time on here complaining about its the IP builder's fault and how we are all jerks then your truck will definitely not get done :dunno

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I offered help twice as I'm in KY also. I got zero response.

Sorry, but the offer no longer stands.

Good luck to you sir.

Heath

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
rpm427,

I understand your frustration, you are having issues with your truck and getting the issue resolved.

However, several members have been trying to give assistance, and have asked questions to help guide the troubleshooting process. Some of these questions have not been answered. Some that have been answered, were answered with a hostile response.

I know it may seem like your quality of work is being questioned, but those asking the questions we not there when it was installed. Troubleshooting this type of issue needs to have the background information, otherwise it's just stabs in the dark. I work partner and I have a troubleshooting rule when we a working on a problem; answer the questions asked, and don't get mad at the question. At times, the first questions are is it plugged in and turned on? It may seem like a stupid question, but at times it's better to start with the basics.

Several seasoned members have offered help, and at least one offered help in person. With your responses, these members have withdrawn this help.

Please, consider your responses, members here are more than willing to help, but when that help falls on deaf ears, or receives a hostile response the help stops...

Also, the result of troubleshooting sometimes actually not the answer we want.

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
If you can't read don't bother chiming in and for all you smart ass mouths sitting behind a computer this forum isn't the only game in town and know why people go else where as many have done...My plug wires might be reversed but that isn't what your sister said know it NOT all!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online