Hard diagnosis on an 05

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a buddy brought hi 05 f250 by to have me read the computer for codes well it runs rough and for about 2 min after start up it won't hardly rev up also after warmed up if you go to get on it it will pull great then it like backfires Out the intake a few times and it's pretty scary like scary enough I took my foot out of it and this isn't sending any codes does anyone have any ideas o think it's an injection issue but I'm no expert

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does your code reader read CAN Codes? These trucks speak CAN and the reader must speak CAN to read the codes.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did nothing came up not even a Miss fire my icp is good the ipr cycle is good im im go to take a rip and watch all my pressures and egr cycle I'm wondering if that might be the issue

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to dwell on the codes, but MANY readers don't get all of them. What are you using?

It sounds like the turbo may be sticking, and maybe injector issues also.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bismic1 I'm using a Bosch otc scanner that is fully updated not. 50 bucks cheapy this one pulls everything and will read anything the vehicle can

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bismic1 I mean no disrespect my scanner is up to par also after a good run everything checked out pcm wise but still scary miss/intake chuff I'm going to get a video tomorrow and post it see what you all think ím stumped

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I didn't take it that way at all!! I just didn't want to gang up on you. That said, I am not familiar with that scanner one way or another. I do know that fairly often folks w/ a scangauge or an SCT tuner think that they can thoroughly read codes. Not going to happen with that equipment.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No your good I just wanted to clarify its a professional grade scanner for all make and models not a sct or scanegauge

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn’t @83ford have something happen like this? I remember he ya d one that took quite a while to figure out, just don’t remember if he described the chuff/popping.....

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like a pop and sputter reminds me of a diesel knock an it's when it's spooling hard it'll do this and its pretty scary so I'll back out