[Guide] Fix Stuck Horn

mntwins7

Broken 6.9
Reaction score
I encountered the problem of a stuck horn after I installed new horns and put in a fresh fuse. Here's how I went about fixing this.

First, just to be safe, you should remove the negative battery terminals like I didn't.

Then, remove your 20 amp horn fuse

You must be registered for see images attach

Remove the two Phillips-Head screws located on the back of the steering wheel

Disconnect the the three wires connected to the steering wheel. I used multitool pliers and pulled.

Remove the rubber pad that wraps around the horn pad. Be careful because the horn pad is very crappy and old plastic.

Located on the back of the horn pad are two plastic clips. Work those out of the piece of plastic they are clipped on.

Inside of the horn pad there are metal contacts. One set of contacts in on the inside of the horn pad itself. The other set it connected to the horn button. I got them separated by pulling on the edges of the horn button a bit.

Once those are separated, you can verify that it works by plugging all the wires back into the horn itself, re-inserting the fuse, and pressing on the horn button.

If all is well, then you will have a working horn once again!

https://vid.me/e/NWK4 <--- Video of horn

Note: The rubber pad that wraps the horn pad was a pain in the ass to remove, so you can imagine getting it back on is way harder. I didn't get it back on, so I just reinstalled the horn pad without it.