Grey white smoke no start?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont be so dead set on " my lift pump is bran new"

i changed my IP and injectors(sticks) last year also changed LP, to a napa bought lift pump.

it would only give me 2 psi at idle.

the china made crap we get now a days are more faulty than a 30 year old lift pump.

this is why i switched to an electric pump (holley black pump w/ regulator)
dialed it back to 6 psi, and she ran like a obama supporter at a NRA convention.

also, get a fuel pressure gauge on your filter head. nothing like knowing your fuel pressure and moving forward with diagnostics.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to ask.
When you replaced the lift pump, did you make sure the pump arm was installed UNDER the cam lobe?

If installed above the cam lobe you only get a half of a pump cycle or less.

Some LP's have a straight arm on them and are difficult to install the arm under the cam lobe, the dogleg arm can go straight in.
Hell, Ford dealers rarely carry the LP's, they go to AZone, Advance or O'reilly, then double the price to you. Any LP, Carter or Airtex cost is only about $26.

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sticks have about 20k. lift pump went in after seeing a few videos and it wouldnt go in without being lined up correctly. I bought an autozone liftpump out of necessity then switched to ford replacement and i could feel and see the difference. Cdr hose was disconnected at the time by accident couldnt figure out y truck was shaking so bad but it got more violent with better lp installed lol

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love to see my fuel pressure besides the rubber hose.havent seen any installs though so i havent thought too much about it.

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wts seems under 10 seconds b4 controller starts clicking

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still hunting down cheap motorcraft glowplugs considering the weather sux and mine were working just fine b4 this fuel leak. Too much cranking/cycles kill glow plugs?

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
You may have one or more burnt out. Only use Motorcraft ZD9 glow plugs in your 7.3L. I got mine off ebay, IIRC it was cheaper then Autozone.

Also consider putting your trucks info in your signature. It'll help with future threads and you won't have to type it out at the beginning of every thread.

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always motorcraft and ive been trying to make a signature for awhile now lol

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have bio lists truck year but no signature option

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Only easy way I've found to get to it is to go to the homepage, no other code (www.oilburners.net) and select "user cp" on the left hand side. Edit signature option will be on the left after that. Can't figure out how to get to the user dashboard here while already on the forum. They should put a user cp link in the header bar with the notifications and such.

Edit: Just figured it out :rotflmao
Click on settings on the upper right hand side of your screen after scrolling up. Edit sig will be on the left.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can save some time and write more than one line per post, the stickies do ya any good?

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry i discovered bio after previous post but i beleve i learned about glow plugs in the stickys. Something that the pre injection heat can disippate as fast as it is can aquire the necessary 477°+ to up. So is combustion still possible without glowplugs and be able to keep motor running? Yay tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight