Greetings from Schuylkill County PA

Jay Krout

Reaction score
Thank you for lettin me sign up, my name is Jay Krout most folks call me Popeye. I have a 1990 F FSuper Duty with a 7.3 IDI and thats my weld rig is built on. Any ways I got some issues with glow plugs and was hopin someone could provide a wiring diagram to put a switch in the dash, researching this on google Ive read about 3 or 4 different ways it could be done. Im not the best guy when it comes to electrical stuff, the most I know about electricity is whats happening at the end of that weld rod, and when welders pretend to be mechanics they get frustrated and bad things can happen.

Ok thats pretty much it for now and thank you for letting me join and for any help you folks can provide. Here is a picture of my rig down below.

Thanks Again
Popeye
You must be registered for see images attach

Jay Krout

Reaction score
I guess I should mention that earlier this week I replaced the glow plugs with the ones from a Ford dealer they came from Motorcraft, and Im pretty sure they had beru on them and I repla ced the cotroller and the relay as well, they came from the same Ford dealer and were Motorcraft. The way this things been acting the wait to start light goes on for an instant and goes right out and then you here the relay clicking. I just figured I would mention all that in case anyone was wondering.

Thanks again

Popeye

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jay welcome to the Forum.
Iam not a mechanic, know enough to get my self in trouble, and welding....Well lets say i can lay down some pretty good Bubble Gum...LOL

Not a lot of traffic in the Introduction section, but click on the link and it will take you to the 6.9/7.3 IDI forum.
At the top of the page in a IDI tech section.

https://www.oilburners.net/forums/6-9l-ih-7-3l-idi-diesels.34/

I wired my 6.9 to a manual Toggle switch, the 7.3 has a different GP Controller, and you wire it differently for manual. Info is in there.

Goat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online