Got Juice?

GODFATHER

Reaction score
Originally posted by BMDMAX
I would call the boys at Suncoast for the real dope. I would wager that they have the most modded Allisons on the road out so far.

Mine is holding over 500 RW with nary a hiccup.

THAT'S INTERESTING YOU SUGGESTED THAT.THANKS
I'VE BEEN LOOKING AROUND OTHER DIESEL SITES AND I SEE THE ADVERTISER BANNERS . SUNCOAST CONVERTERS IS THAT IT ? READING THE THREADS I SEE THEY ADD CLUTCHES ? DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ? DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THEY DO IT ? HOW MUCH ?

GOT JUICE SEEMS TO THINK ITS A BANDAID SO DO YOU EXPECT A FAILURE ? HOWS IT HOLDING UP ? YOUR AT 500 RW SO THAT'S COOKING . GOT JUICE HAS ONLY A BIT MORE SO I GUESS IF YOU PUSH IT YOUR DONE . WHAT KINDA WARRANTY ? ARE YOU FAR FROM THEM ? HOPE NOT.

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by BMDMAX
I would call the boys at Suncoast for the real dope. I would wager that they have the most modded Allisons on the road out so far.

Mine is holding over 500 RW with nary a hiccup.

I do understand suncoast has a great tranny, and i am not disputing the fact.
I am going with DTT as they are local and need a test mule.
AFAIK there are a lot of different people working on tranny solutions, ATS Suncoast BDPower and DTT.
All are reputable companies, but some are closer to drive to get the work done by qualified people than others.
My own personal bottom line is this: My 47K truck, My tranny, My money. I spend it with people who i know and feel comfortable with, and can drive down and kick their butts if it doesn't work out.
Just my opinion though. If i had unlimited funds, there would be a LENCO in it, but since i do not, the point is moot

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
GOT JUICE WHAT IS THE FACTORY TCC VALVE LINE PRESSURE ? WILL THE TRANSGO GIVE A QUICKER SHIFT ?
I HEAR A VALVE IS AVAIALABLE.
WOULD YOU RECOMEND GOING WITH A 190 PSI SPRING OR 170 ? HOW WILL IT HELP ? WHAT COULD IT HURT ?
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE IN A TRIPLE DISK AND A SINGLE DISK CONVERTER ? WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FOR HOLDING CAPACITY ?
SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTION BUT YOU ARE INVESTIGATING AS IT SEEMS TO ME . I THOUGHT YOU COULD OFFER ASSISTANCE.
GREAT [/B][/QUOTE]
1. Don't care/ know... i'm buying a tranny i will leave it to the experts that build them.
2. I hope i do get firmer shifts with the transgo everyone else gives it thumbs up!
3. I don't have a recommendation, i do not build the trannies. bill knows what i have so far and will be taking 4 days to set up the tranny along with dyno time
4.2 discs I expect with a proper billet cover and pressure a single disc will suffice.Bill wrote an article in his forum on the convertor aspect that is a very stimulating read.

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by GODFATHER

GOT JUICE SEEMS TO THINK ITS A BANDAID SO DO YOU EXPECT A FAILURE ? HOWS IT HOLDING UP ? YOUR AT 500 RW SO THAT'S COOKING . GOT JUICE HAS ONLY A BIT MORE SO I GUESS IF YOU PUSH IT YOUR DONE .

Actually, why don't you phone Bill K at DTT?
He's a great guy and would be more than willing to go thru the nuances of the transmission with you; that way instead of playing intermediary, you could get all the information you wanted first hand.

As i have stated from day1 this is a test tranny/prototype/guineapig/1st attempt.....whatever your favorite terminology, that is what i am getting.
I really hope it works out, and that any other improvements if needed are speedy and a good solution.

GODFATHER: I would give him a shout, I'm doing this based on reputation/geography and $$$$. Your mileage may vary

BMDMAX

Reaction score
Godfather,

I watched them build and put my tranny in. I am fairly close to Suncoast and I went around the whole shop with the owner Joe and checked out all their stuff.

They don't do a band-aid solution if you got the cash to get the full setup. This tranny will hold everything I can throw at it with a two year warranty. I can easily push another 100HP through it but if I manage to break it, they will fix it. One day my truck will make as much power as GJ's so look out. :rolleyes:

I saw the guts of the tranny and they explained where the weak points were and what they had done to fix them. They add a shift kit, clutches, reinforce the C1 rotating assembly and apply piston, deep pan, and a few other tweaks. It will run you about 5K. The guys at Suncoast are top notch and the stand behind what they sell.

Check them out at www.suncoastconverters.com, give them a call and they will help you out.

Last edited: