gooseneck hitch for bricknose

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
and run way overloaded. Old pickups seem to be the same way.
What? You're not supposed to put 50+ small square bales of hay in your F150? You're not supposed to pull a 14,000 lb load down the highway at the speed limit with your F150 with no brakes on the trailer? I have no idea who I may be talking about here. Just some rumors that I've heard.:angel:

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
What? You're not supposed to put 50+ small square bales of hay in your F150? You're not supposed to pull a 14,000 lb load down the highway at the speed limit with your F150 with no brakes on the trailer? I have no idea who I may be talking about here. Just some rumors that I've heard.:angel:
Ratings are meant to be broken................. so long as nothing else breaks anyway,lol.
Safety my foot!
Only 50 bales though? Around here we go for 60;Poke:Thumbs Up

Rock

gandalf

Reaction score
I think I have the same hitch in my Ex Wife. I agree that it's not the most convenient, but since it was there when I bought the truck, I'm going to leave it. I don't want to think about attempting to move the thing. Don't they weigh about 500 Lbs or close to it? Maybe it just seems that way? I figure that if I need a 5th wheel, I can buy an adapter. I don't own anything but bumper pull trailers at this point anyway. The biggest down side for me is that I can't put my slide in camper in the bed of this truck.

When I pulled the bed on the truck I had to unbolt the hitch and the steel plate. I moved it, but only around the bed. You're right, it's heavy.

I found a way to put the camper in the bed with that hitch sticking up as it was. I lay some 3/4 ply ahead of it and behind it, and then another sheet of 3/4 ply over the top of the hitch. The camper sat an inch and a half higher than normal, on top of the ply, but that didn't bother anything.

Attachments

• 2005_0703_130256.JPG
    2005_0703_130256.JPG
    392.5 KB · Views: 7

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
One of the previous owners of my truck opted for the “weld-in” method. Unfortunately a different owner decided they didn’t want the gooseneck, so they cut the ball off about 1/2” above the bed of the truck. When I take the bed off to replace the gas tanks I’ll cut the whole thing off the frame.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
One of the previous owners of my truck opted for the “weld-in” method. Unfortunately a different owner decided they didn’t want the gooseneck, so they cut the ball off about 1/2” above the bed of the truck. When I take the bed off to replace the gas tanks I’ll cut the whole thing off the frame.
Hopefully you didn’t need one yourself. Guessing this why many new ones are removable or flip over. As some folks want to stack or slide thins into the bed. PO put in a 5th wheel hitch which likely I will never use. But I picked up the Reese 5th wheel to gooseneck plate that I will likely use down the road.