Google toolbar now with spellcheck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, now i have to figure out how to get rid of this spyware toolbar. thanks agnem :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*** said:
yeah, now i have to figure out how to get rid of this spyware toolbar. thanks agnem. :rolleyes:

pssstttt........ Ep, they are watching you................. ;Really

:Sly

JimmyDee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through my internet cash and found it very interesting that every time I changed sites or did any type of search on any site, I got a hit with what was called googletoolbar search? or something like that.
With Google Tool bar gone, no such entry in the cash. I'll pass on Goggle's search engine and if I do use it, their cookie will be deleted at the end of my search.
Thanks for the information.
On edit: If Google's cookies are really spyware, what did they do, buy off all the anti spyware programmers???? cause it don't show up on any of the 4 anti spyware programs I run. It sounds like Google's cookies are as intrusive as it gets. ???
Jim

Last edited:

JimmyDee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*** said:
yeah, now i have to figure out how to get rid of this spyware toolbar. thanks agnem. :rolleyes:
It has an uninstall button. I think its under help.

Do a reg edit on software, Hkey_Current machine and Hkey_Local machine cause you got a Google entry in both of them you should probably get rid of also. Lots of stored data in the Local machine entry.
Uninstalling leaves a dll extension file in your programfiles under google as well. I find it interesting that their uninstall would leave those 3 items.
Jim

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that guys. I administer a large network for Thomson, and am always warning people about this and that. I get all the secret society news bytes and try to distill the info down to usefull info for my population. As a rule, I never install anything until I've researched it completely. People as a rule, are to gullable when it comes to "free helpfull software". The old addage, nothing in life is free, is oh so true on the internet.

Max Power

Reaction score
Google toolbar spyware is not near as bad as the spyware most people have on their computer from Kazaa etc. With that being said, no spyware is good. Google toolbar doesn't concern me all that much. I use google for my main search engine and they get tons of information from me from there as well. In this day and age you have to put up with a certain amount of that information collecting.

JimmyDee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
Google toolbar spyware is not near as bad as the spyware most people have on their computer from Kazaa etc. With that being said, no spyware is good. Google toolbar doesn't concern me all that much. I use google for my main search engine and they get tons of information from me from there as well. In this day and age you have to put up with a certain amount of that information collecting.
You can use Google with out using their tool bar. I've been doing it for years and thought I'd try the tool bar. I don't think anything good can come from information collecting. I only leave the cookies on my computer that I trust and maybe I'm being naive about them. I use Google for a search and then their cookie is gone.
Jim