"Good" 92-97 Headlights

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new 92 has the usual garbage headlight output of factory lights of this era. My two brick noses Iegit cut the headlights apart to mount projector style bixenon / led 4x6's inside the usual mount because there was no aftermarket support at the time.

This model year however has stuff on Amazon / eBay. Just wonder if anyone has tried any of the aftermarket ones and if they were any good.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't even bother when I changed my headlights. I just added the led lightbar and fog lights. I know they are obnoxious but I can see when I drive at night now. I put in an aftermarket grill and have the bar mounted behind it.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy Eagle 9007 LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DNKKV3T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Not sure if that’s a good link, how about this one.
Easy Eagle 9007 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 12000Lumens Extremely Bright HB5 Hi/Lo Beam Conversion Kit CSP Chips 6500K Cold White (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DNKKV3T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Y1AME5ZJZW0SZ5T3K0Y7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I went with these and new headlamp assemblies from rock auto. I believe when I bough them, they were less than $10 each. Now they’re $20. But still, about $100 total. I’m very happy. I bought a set of LED fog/driving lights and never even mounted them, because I was that happy. When adjusted right, the light stays low on low beams, and no body gets pissed off at me, but the high beams light up well. It’s 15 miles of 2 lane country road when I pull out of my driveway, so I need good headlights.

Last edited:

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy Eagle 9007 LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DNKKV3T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Not sure if that’s a good link, how about this one.
Easy Eagle 9007 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 12000Lumens Extremely Bright HB5 Hi/Lo Beam Conversion Kit CSP Chips 6500K Cold White (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DNKKV3T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Y1AME5ZJZW0SZ5T3K0Y7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I went with these and new headlamp assemblies from rock auto. I believe when I bough them, they were less than $10 each. Now they’re $20. But still, about $100 total. I’m very happy. I bought a set of LED fog/driving lights and never even mounted them, because I was that happy. When adjusted right, the light stays low on low beams, and no body gets pissed off at me, but the high beams light up well. It’s 15 miles of 2 lane country road when I pull out of my driveway, so I need good headlights.
couldn't open either one

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMC truck has a set of clear headlight housings that I really like. I had a previous set of clear lenses from another company, they looked nice but the plastic got brittle fast and the back broke off when I tried to unplug one of the connectors. So far these have held up, and they spread the light more evenly than the old clears. Both sets of clears blow the OEM garbage out of the water. Throw on a relay kit and some Silverstar Ultra's and you'll actually have useable light :D

And here's my most recent pic of my rig, not the best but it'll give you an idea. Most people seem to get the clear turn signal lenses too, but I'm not a big fan of that look, I like my OEM ambers with the clear headlights.

You must be registered for see images attach

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
This is 12 years ago... but I put in Sylvania nighthawks and polished the lenses. Huge difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online