Glow plug/Wait to Start Light.

JustinC00

Reaction score
Hey y’all,
I got the new controller hooked in, but I have an issue that is more of an annoyance. The glow plug light will not come on when I turn the key. If I turn the key I can go back to the front of the truck and listen to the relay wirr, and then click off after about 10-15 seconds. So the relay is working, yet the light does not come on at all. What’s the deal

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Check the that purple wire with the special plastic connector is hooked up. If so pull it apart clean and reconnect, that is what powers the light to go on and off.

If that does not work take a test light or volt meter and hook the connector on the purple wire to see if the glow plug controller is powering it up when the key is moved to on. If so then you have an issue with the truck side wiring. If not then the controller is bad.

Watch this video
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JustinC00

Reaction score
The controller is brand new. I was going to go out and check to see if I burned up a fusible link, but I will get back to you asap

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Test the big post on the controller without the bent metal piece on it. If you have power your fusible link is working.

Also for you and all future members reading this. Never assume a new part is good, always assume it is suspect. Very common to hear on this site a new part was not working out of the box.

You may just have a bad connection but if not perhaps the glow plug controller is bad out the box and why your wait to start light is not working. But being it is néw more likely it’s just a corroded or missed connection.