Glow Plug Solutions from Classic Diesel Designs

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
I'm sold as well on a kit or two I have in mind from Wes. Sure is nice he lives in the same state as I do cause pickup beats the heck out of delivery when ur as impatient as I am! Lol. And I love looking through parts and upgrades that I haven't even thought of yet. Last time I was up there I got to see one of his projects firsthand and was floored looking at some of his work. Awesome work, sharp mind, attention to detail, innovative recreations/ upgrades, and over all a growing intelligence and drive to improve every aspect of anything he touches. And more open minded than only going in one direction for every mod/upgrade so that others with questions have more than the one option answer and keeps in mind your goals to each different option.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Wow thanks James! I’m really just another greese monkey man, just lucky to be doing what I’m doing.
I will agree that u are a grease monkey. Lol. I believe the majority of us on these forums are to some extent. But your builds are always awesome and thoroughly executed. So I would say you are quite a step above what u may give yourself credit for. As far as you getting to do what you do, your good at it and helpful as hell to some of us that aren't as knowledgeable. Hats off good sir.

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
See Wes, your Craftmanship is much appreciated by us and our old trucks.
It’s easy to go out and buy a new truck but most of us keep our old ones for various reasons but the common thread is we love them.
So thanks for not only helping to keep them alive but making them better.

RMoreno

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my question but I'm confused for option 3 to replace the gp harness, it will have your billet spade connectors and a simple how to for a non turbo correct an we remove the metal lines from the IP?

I wanted to replace mine since the plastic on two of my connectors are gone. Just confused about the whole setup I'm a diesel novice just now was brave enough to changenmu Gp's had to use YouTube alot. $60 in total for option 3 correct do we need to include tax for the shipping.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, it takes just as much effort to put the glow plug wires where they should go.
youre venturing into self employment, you need to start doing things correctly.
this just throws red flags, and tells me..
"if he cant take the time to put the wires where there supposed to go, why should I buy this?"
even if it is just for mock up.
just tryin to help
step up your game.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, it takes just as much effort to put the glow plug wires where they should go.
youre venturing into self employment, you need to start doing things correctly.
this just throws red flags, and tells me..
"if he cant take the time to put the wires where there supposed to go, why should I buy this?"
even if it is just for mock up.
just tryin to help
step up your game.
Did you buy a set and have it not fit or are you just judging my product by it being misrouted to take a quick picture? I already admitted it was in the wrong place in the picture, I will post a new picture that correctly shows the routing, Ive made some updates to all of the harnesses since the initial release of these. If you were just trying to help, you could have dropped me a pm.

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
Constructive criticism, takes forethought.... negative criticism just takes a brain in neutral and a run away mouth.
My ears are always open to constructive criticism but slam shut to negativity!
Rmoreno

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im just tryin to help. first impressions always make or break the sale.
im all about transparency, and there is no need for a PM.
youre doing a good job, im just here to kick you in the rear!

remember ive been self employed for 8 yrs now, so I don't think im off basis

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And one must realize that some folks will look at it and say , well I did it like the picture. Happens a lot.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look at the picture in post #3 of this thread, at the "bottom" center is the stock glow plug controller. This actually consists of 2 parts.

1. The Glow Plug Relay

You must be registered for see images attach

2. The Solid State Glow Plug Controller (Has the relay connected, couldn't find one without the relay)

dscn0686-jpg.61240

Wes's "Total" kit, replaces both. The relay, and the controller.

The kit in post 3 uses both the controller, and the relay. It just replaces the crumbling wiring.

You could use the factory controller, and run the White Rodgers relay and one of Wes's @Thewespaul kits (not sure that's one of the options, but could be) to replace the wiring. Trigger the White Rodgers relay with the factory controller, and new wiring, and have an automatically controlled, upgraded system. Run a manual bypass wire, and best of both worlds.

My opinion, if you controller works, I would get the kit in #3, or if he has available something like I said, a "modified" total kit (or using a total kit, and having the manual pushbutton trigger, and the trigger from the controller) so it works both ways. I set mine up with the factory setup, and add a pushbutton ground (the factory controller pulls the white wire to ground to trigger the little relay). That how I have my stock setup. It's will take care of itself, or I can push the button and run the plugs if needed.

Sorry for the slight hijack Wes......

Thanks for the ideas! If I just wanted to mount a switch in engine bay to disable the GP's I could just use an appropriately rated toggle on the red switched from ignition wire. Is that correct?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online