Glow plug relay question

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the controller with wires labeled.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thank you everything looks good I don't see any problems I pulled the ground and cleaned it up more and it didn't change anything.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if the posts in the relay are loose/wobble at all. I had a similar situation a while back and found that the post in the relay was loose and would cause intermittent problems. You can buy the relay separate from the rest of the controller and change it out fairly inexpensively.....or buy a whole new controller.

As far as fuses in the GP circuit, I am not sure, but I do know there is a fusible link in the circuit that included the green/red striped wire that goes to the GP controller. It also services the High Idle/timing advance solenoid. In my van it is located by the passenger side battery. However, when I cooked mine it made my van not even turn over and I had no power to the electronics in the cab.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Check to see if the posts in the relay are loose/wobble at all. I had a similar situation a while back and found that the post in the relay was loose and would cause intermittent problems. You can buy the relay separate from the rest of the controller and change it out fairly inexpensively.....

FYI - You can get one from NAPA for about $25..

Echlin GPR109

Just bought one......