Getting ready for another Wisconsin winter, or my own little version of hell

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the looks of that monstaliner. I used herculiner on the floor in my Chevy. It's held up pretty good but apparently I drag my foot on the rocker panel because it's worn off in one spot. I'm thinking about trying the Raptor liner in my F350 but I'm curious to see how the Monstaliner holds up for you.

I sprayed my fiberglass cap and tailgate last year with the Monstaliner and it is held up great. That is why I am thinking of spraying the exterior of the truck in it as well. One of the guys I work with had a body shop spray his Excursion with Upol Raptor Liner. That looks good and seems to hold up well. It is a "smoother" finish than the Monstaliner, as I don't think a Schutz gun is used to spray it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The raptor liner is applied with the Schultz gun as well. If you want a softer finish, it can also be applied with a hvlp gun reduced slightly. Softens the texture a bit.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I say softens the texture, I mean over coating a first coat applied by Schultz gun. I’m not sure what it will look like just out of hvlp gun. Never tried that.

Runningaford

Reaction score
I read 'environment' in this thread, so my response is definitely not in tune with 'faux liberal' protectionism; hell the fact is, imho, that all the environmental stuff is crap set up by big business to make it harder for anyone else to get into whatever business.

Having said that, I learned from family on the Texas gulf coast, the best way to protect metal, is OIL. My family would take their used motor oil, and every few years, oil spray the bottom of their rigs, and in between welded seams/panels. Any excess can be wiped away if desired.

Here's a link to a great video of how to oil spray; I think the gentleman is in Wisconsin, and his ranger still looks new:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been hesitant to apply a film like this, as I try to paint the underbody and frame with rust encapsulator every other year or so. I was afraid the greasy film would cause a problem the next time I try to clean and paint. I just got the underbody cleaned up and painted again, and I will be considering Fluid Film. I am tired of the clean and paint routine. Does it leave a greasy mess so that you get it all over you when you work underneath?

I am interested in this too. When I first got my van 120K miles ago I had Zeibart undercoat it. Seemed to work pretty well, but it was expensive and requires annual appts/$$ to keep up with it. I was looking for something to do myself, especially since I am looking at getting body/paint work done in the spring. I want to keep it looking nice after that.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to update this thread: IP and injectors are installed and truck ran fine. I then rented Gary's @icanfixall meter and timed it. With my original pump (now rebuilt) set at the factory timing mark, the timing was at 5.5° btdc. Just shows you how much a pump rebuild and calibration changes everything. With Gary's meter, I timed it to 8.4° btdc and the truck runs great. While I was at it, I installed a Facet Duralift lift pump. I wish I had installed that a long time ago!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! take that black hose off your fuel line and you will have a fuel pre heater :cool: I know it gets cold over there, would work better then the stock one! :( my filter head gets plenty warm, maybe a wrap of copper around it?

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! take that black hose off your fuel line and you will have a fuel pre heater :cool: I know it gets cold over there, would work better then the stock one! :( my filter head gets plenty warm, maybe a wrap of copper around it?

I have a heater wrap for the fuel filter that I can turn on at any time form a switch in the cab. It works great. The black hose on the fuel line is to keep my expensive blue Parker push lock hose form getting "chafed"LOL