Getting another old girl on the road.

rosco2002

Reaction score
i bought this truck from a old man near by i have watched it set for many years and could not stand to see it set any longer. so i bought it for 2500 dollars i was parked due to the Killer dowel pinhad fell out and broke the timing case, the old man had all the parts to fix it but didn't need the truck so never finished the job so i got all the parts with it. i have had good luck so fair i did a motor tear down and didn't find anything wrong, other than the valves needed adjusted. hear are a few pics of the body and interior.
You must be registered for see images attach

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Wow. do you just replace the timing case and fire it back up? I know there is a metal tab you put over the dowel pin under a bolt to prevent that from walking out again, but that's about it.

Certainly a steal on it, only $200 more then my truck. Everyone here is smoking crack on the 5.9 ******'s, you could be 2-5 of yours for the price of one of theirs...

rosco2002

Reaction score
well i t is ready to fire up but i pulled the trans and am resealing the transfercase. it should be ready tomorrow to fire up. fingers crossed

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Just me or was the top part of the timing case broken?
I would've went ahead and fixed the kdp, even if it hadn't moved.

Only body style of dodge that I sorta like. And it's a dually which is a plus for me, and 4x4 is just icing on the cake.
Now, is it auto or manual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rosco2002

Reaction score
had another hurdle to jump i guess this truck had a g56 trans in that someone swaped out for a nv4500 so the 4wd shifter wouldent work so this is what i came up with what do yall think.

rosco2002

Reaction score
ok i finally got it all put back together. then then it was time for the first start..... but nothing the thing just set there clicking like it was locked up.:mad: so i guess my first step is to pull the starter and bench test that.