Gear Vendors Install on 7.3 C6 with 4.10s

OR_Coast_IDI

Reaction score
My wife drives a Tahoe, and my dads truck (god rest his soul) is a 355000 mile 99 Z71 Silverado rustbucket. I just cant get rid of it.

How'd it all turn out for you KY? Eagerly been awaiting a followup!

I picked up a used GV and BW1356 a while back - haven't gotten around to opening them up up for inspection/rebuild or installing yet. My rig has a c6 w/ one of Quigley's Tailshafts, mated to a BW1346.

Fingers are crossed that the BW1356 matches up OK and nothing needs too much attention before install.

Curious to hear about your experiences.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I have on on an 86 6.9 2wd with 3.55’s I have the OD switch on the shifter. Did away with the auto shift since it always “thought” it should be in OD at a dumb time. Used a control box from Maximum Overdrive. Still has the minimum mph cut out feature to protect the clutch.
Ran a lot of secondary hill country roads with it. 2nd gear OD is awesome! No problems in 50k miles.
As for fluid I run Allison Transynd, the stuff used in the Allison’s in garbage trucks.

KYBricksandBulls

Reaction score
How'd it all turn out for you KY? Eagerly been awaiting a followup!

I picked up a used GV and BW1356 a while back - haven't gotten around to opening them up up for inspection/rebuild or installing yet. My rig has a c6 w/ one of Quigley's Tailshafts, mated to a BW1346.

Fingers are crossed that the BW1356 matches up OK and nothing needs too much attention before install.

Curious to hear about your experiences.

Oh man! Sorry I disappeared!!! Ive had sooooo much going on. The forum got put way on the backburner. The GV unit has worked AMAZINGLY.

I have kept the control module and everything hooked up like it should be. I just keep it in manual mode and hit the foot switch when I need that OD gear. The control box kicks it out of OD below 15mph, which is handy. And the 4wd lockput and reverse lockout works great.