Gear Vendors Install on 7.3 C6 with 4.10s

Black dawg

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean here. Ive got mine installed now and I have 1st, 1st over, 2nd, 2nd over, 3rd and 3rd over shifting it manually.

I'll do a video and writeup soon.

on mine wired manually it will engage somewhere around 20 mph.

All of mine have been wired without the GV box. After seeing a couple that would randomly shut the GV off, I removed mine.

One was a 456 geared 1 ton chevy with 454......gv shut off at around 80 mph......

KYBricksandBulls

Reaction score
on mine wired manually it will engage somewhere around 20 mph.

All of mine have been wired without the GV box. After seeing a couple that would randomly shut the GV off, I removed mine.

One was a 456 geared 1 ton chevy with 454......gv shut off at around 80 mph......

Mine has auto or manual. Flip the switch to show the red part of the switch and hit the floor button it will turn on the auto mode. OD kicks in at 40mph, which in a 7.3idi with c6 and 4.10s, thats a good speed in my opinion. Cuts out at 20mph.

Manual work just like youd think. I havent paid any attension to a minimum speed for the 1st+over. It may very well be 20mph like yours is.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It all depends how its set up, mine doesnt shift till 35 in auto mode. It will shift at lower speeds in manual mode but oil pressure VS wear on the cone clutch is not something I need to test.

KYBricksandBulls

Reaction score
I can tell you one thing, I like the GV unit, and the customer service has been great. They could probably tidy up the installation instructions a tad bit...too many words in my opinion. Im a mechanical draftsman, so I am a bit of a perfectionist with drawings and work instructions....

KYBricksandBulls

Reaction score
Looks awesome
Hey, you in Kentucky? "KY85". Me and a bud have started a 1980-1991 ford truck club. We are meeting at my place this saturday, first meet. Just hangin out, wrenchin a little, and throwin back a few. Just the good ole boy kinda thing.

Find us on facebook groups "Kentucky Bricks and Bulls"

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, you in Kentucky? "KY85". Me and a bud have started a 1980-1991 ford truck club. We are meeting at my place this saturday, first meet. Just hangin out, wrenchin a little, and throwin back a few. Just the good ole boy kinda thing.

Find us on facebook groups "Kentucky Bricks and Bulls"

Ky is part of my first name.
You know I'm down for makin empties, gonna take me a while to get there from North California!

You must be registered for see images attach

KYBricksandBulls

Reaction score
KYbricksandbulls 80-91? You just had to put the cut off there and I’m so close to you.
LOL...We wont discriminate, come on over. Gettin together Saturday for the first meet. Me and my bud Matt love the 80-91s the most, but heck, we can work on anything....long as its a Ford. Dont pay any attension to the chevys sitting in the drive wink wink.

Where you at?

Jr, my other bud who is maybe coming saturday will be in a mid 90s dually powerstroke with stack out the hood. Aeronoses welcome too.