Fuelling

Justin1574

Reaction score
I'm thinking about pulling my old factory tanks out of my truck and using an aux tank in the bed. Have any of you guys done this?

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about pulling my old factory tanks out of my truck and using an aux tank in the bed. Have any of you guys done this?
You having problems with factory tanks that you are thinking of doing this? Don't think I have seen where this has been done, most all the time just the adding of an aux tank, 100gal, really limits box use. But if one is like pulling a 5th wheel all the time guess it really would not matter.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen multiple rigs with this setup.
Might be less expensive to fix your existing tanks if the shower heads have broken off. It’s a cheap fix & will give you back the fuel range on your truck.

Justin1574

Reaction score
You having problems with factory tanks that you are thinking of doing this? Don't think I have seen where this has been done, most all the time just the adding of an aux tank, 100gal, really limits box use. But if one is like pulling a 5th wheel all the time guess it really would not matter.
Well I believe I have a problem with my pickups and my selector valve. I have to get fuel after 100 miles on a 16 gallon tank, and I don't know where to start when it comes to the rear tank. I was looking along the lines of a forty gallon tank behind the too box type set up

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I believe I have a problem with my pickups and my selector valve. I have to get fuel after 100 miles on a 16 gallon tank, and I don't know where to start when it comes to the rear tank. I was looking along the lines of a forty gallon tank behind the too box type set up
If all you want is 40 gallons, the 38 gallon rear bronco tank is a direct swap and you could eliminate the front and switching valve at the same time. There are a few things like longer bolts and bolts spacers to add to the shopping list but its a nice setup. You can easily fix the fuel pickup with fuel rated hose, just cut a notch in the bottom so it can't suck itself to the floor of the tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac

Staff online