Fuel tank woes

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you rustbelt guys just weld a rod to the bed bolt head and go to town right??!!!

Or socket and long extension bend over side to side and snap ole rusty nutz clean off.

I just pulled the bed of the crawler for its first time, with a 3\8" ratchet;Poke but it's only an 83.

Not gonna lie, I was considering welding a rod to the heads of the bolt pairs tying them together lol!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes the rattle gun Happy.
Screw evil white chitt(sno)

Last edited:

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
10-4 on the plastic line. The rear tank is empty and the front tank is accessible for me to take the line off in just a matter of a couple minutes.
I would imagine I could crimp the hose at the lift pump.

Didn't realize that valve was 300 bucks! I would rather have a factory valve as opposed to retrofitting something else.
Try silly putty

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gassers of the same vintage use the same FSV's as the diesels.

Are they??? the diesel (normally) has a fuel return that is switched together with the fuel pull off, so that the fuel return drops back in the same tank that you're pulling off.

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i modded a truck to run the "Mulochico fuel tank mod"
he draws off the front, returns to the rear and interconnects from the rear to the front.
i done it in a way where I can undo what has been done. if your FSV is jammed the same direction, it's something to consider.
oh yea, I fixed a broken showerhead while I was in there too.
the first two pics illustrate the "bridge" line from the rear to the front. I still need to cork off the disconnected draw line from the rear and the return line in the front.

You must be registered for see images attach

Towcat,
Is this setup still working for you?
Does it seem to gravity feed from the rear to the front even drawing from the top (normal location)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online