Fuel selector valve

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is a 93 selector valve same as 88? And how difficult is it To change them? Neither of my fuel gauges work, and I think it's returning fuel to my rear tank while running front tank. I have one from my parts truck. Also wondering how the lines seals to the valve?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is a 93 selector valve same as 88? And how difficult is it To change them? Neither of my fuel gauges work, and I think it's returning fuel to my rear tank while running front tank. I have one from my parts truck. Also wondering how the lines seals to the valve?
they're the same. that's the good news.
before you get started, go to your local auto parts store and get at least three 5/16 fuel line clips and three 3/8 fuel line clips. i'd get extras if you lose things easy. the lines are held onto the FSV by the clips.
now the bad part.....wear ****** clothes that you are going to throw away or if you are cheap like me, do it nekkid. why? you are going to get soaked in diesel fuel unless if your fuel system is bone dry.
you are going to hate this project.

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are going to hate this project.

meh. To limit my mess, I kept a bunch of vacuum hose caps near me. When I pulled my hoses, I snuggly pushed in vac caps into the hoses and onto the fittings. Limited the mess to a few drips and splashes.

DO NOT push the vac caps all the way into the hose, obviously. That would be hard to remove. Just enough to stop the flow.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh. To limit my mess, I kept a bunch of vacuum hose caps near me. When I pulled my hoses, I snuggly pushed in vac caps into the hoses and onto the fittings. Limited the mess to a few drips and splashes.

DO NOT push the vac caps all the way into the hose, obviously. That would be hard to remove. Just enough to stop the flow.
noone can say I didn't adequately warn him. :D

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one that tossed my shirt after this repair [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can my selector cause both my fuel gauges off also be pegged full? Bad switch causing high resistance causing guage to read above f?

gandalf

Reaction score
....wear ****** clothes that you are going to throw away or if you are cheap like me, do it nekkid. why? ...

OMG! How can I unsee the image which has formed in my mind? :eek::shocked:

I'd have trouble with this process since I work out front. One of my narrow minded neighbors would probably call the police.

gandalf

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Here are the clip Calvin was referring to.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the switch cause air intrusion causing some smoke at idle and sorta run a little rough? Like a sorta choppy idle and a little loss in power?