Fuel selector valve on '97 F350 cab chassis

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel is returning to my front tank while using the rear tank. Overflowing onto the ground around the cap, 5.8 liter . Thinking it's the selector. Problem is I can't find it. I have a dump body on the truck, and the bracing for the pump isn't really blocking anything, so if there is one there I would see it. Is it located on the frame rail behind the midship tank? I seen the pics of this thing and there is no way it could fit. Or being it's a cab chassis does the switch in the cab control the in tank pumps? On my diesel it's right there in plain sight. Anyone have any idea? thanks.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The gas stuff is different than diesel. I think it does only control the in-tank pumps. Not sure what it does with the return.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the cab chassis setup is different from standard cab. I have low fuel pressure with the mid tank, and I'm getting ready to replace the pump and filter. Came home one day last week and fuel was dripping from the filler neck. Few days after that my battery was dead. Think the pump is running for some time after shutoff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online