Fuel pressure issue

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys I installed a facet lift pump 40222 got it all put together but one problem is I'm losing all fuel pressure at full throttle any help? This truck has to be towing Saturday morning. So I'm kinda in a rush.

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys I installed a facet lift pump 40222 got it all put together but one problem is I'm losing all fuel pressure at full throttle any help? .

Do you have a reliable fuel pressure gauge? If yes, then what pressure are you getting at idle and what pressure is it getting down to at WOT?

@Thewespaul is right. Sounds like a filter issue. That duralift e-pump should be pushing plenty of fuel to your IP.

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a reliable fuel pressure gauge? If yes, then what pressure are you getting at idle and what pressure is it getting down to at WOT?

@Thewespaul is right. Sounds like a filter issue. That duralift e-pump should be pushing plenty of fuel to your IP.

Pressure get down to 1 almost zero with full throttle at idle it had about 8 psi maybe a little more

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Wes, what gauge should be run to the fuel pump and what size fuse? I will be doing this to mine tomorrow as well. Mine is a different pump back by the FSV but same principal.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d start with a 15 amp fuse, and I really like autometer gauges, the ultralight series being my favorite. They have an electric fuel pressure gauge that I use for pumps

Reaction score
The only way the relay would be 'causing' your battery to drain is if you wired the 'switch' power (the one that is telling the relay to turn on), to a constant power source. Make sure it's tied to a switched 12V source, i.e. something that's only on when the ignition is on.

Mike