Fuel pressure 7.3 NA

ibapaine

Reaction score
At first fuel pressure blew vacuum sensor. Replaced with a bolt.
Installed new water separator.
Fuel comes out between filter and housing.
No start.
Any help would be appreciated.

ibapaine

Reaction score
Originally when the sensor blew, the way it sits it was throwing fuel in intake. So the truck isn’t a turbo but started trying to run away it seemed. I never let it run long enough to see if it would. It would start back up after this happened. Then I took the sensor off replaced with a bolt. Sense then fuel has came out of where the filter and housing come together. Replaced filter with the same results. I gotta have this truck running by Thursday. So any ideas would be great.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of fuel pressure are you running? Think it is supposed to be around 5-9 psi.

If excessive pressure isn't the cause. In my mind that only leaves, damaged sealing surface on the filter head. Possibly either a crack or gouge, or a burr that is cutting the seal on the filter. Or the threads on the head are damaged and the filter is screwing on crocked..

James

ibapaine

Reaction score
For future reference, if your truck is pushing out fuel from the housing it could be that your old filter came apart inside and sent metal into your IP. Thankfully mine stopped short of making it to the IP.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online