fuel milage

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
I'd be happy with 12. but you see, I'm getting 11.5.

another thing that made me sick two days ago, I had to push the pedal to the floor going up hill near my land with 13k load...and was still losing speed. NEVER happened with my last two 6.0's. somethings gotta be wrong, just gotta find dam time to drop it off. the steering 'rub' sound is driving me nuts.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim, I now have 3,000 miles on the truck, and I have learned how to quiet the truck down and get 15 MPG.. It has all happened with me putting hte TS box on 1/2.. Dunno why, but it has turned this truck around.. and the power is there, like my dmax... might be something to think about...

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
Rcannon said:
when do you get that rubbing sound?

on a different subject Tim... you do concrete work?

footers

Tim, I now have 3,000 miles on the truck, and I have learned how to quiet the truck down and get 15 MPG.. It has all happened with me putting hte TS box on 1/2.. Dunno why, but it has turned this truck around.. and the power is there, like my dmax... might be something to think about...

its a shame if I have to go spend another 500 just to make the truck 'act' as good as my last two.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
timntools said:
well, I'm starting to regret big time not jumping on a V10.

but I guess we'll see when I get this dump trailer and its fully loaded and I'm trying to tote 20k+ up hills.

my old v10 got between 8-12... most of the time closer to 8... but only holds 7qts. of oil every oil change, parts was cheaper, and the sticker shock is a lot less, me and you might be in the same boat i'm kinda wishing i had it back it never gave me a lick of problems... diesel was cheap enough to make it economically cheaper if you was going to keep the truck a long time but now :confused:

plus i would have to have my 7.3 on atleast a 80hp program to keep up with my v10 that joker would run like crazy if you wasn't afraid to stand on it, its a high rpm motor

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
timntools said:
yup, I sat there and pondered a v10 really hard but was afraid it wouldn't make it up the hills. now look at where I'm at :rolleyes:

trust me the V10 might be a thirsty gal but power is not a problem... i know several people besides me with them and haven't heard one complaint about power.... they blow the old 460's out of the water! i have owned the PSD 460s and V10's its the strongest out of the box

Bear Hunter

RLTW!
Reaction score
Hmmmm,

My truck stock 18-20 empty

My truck lifted and regeared empty 13-16 depending on how I drive.

2004 PSD

rray32539

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luma said:
14 us in city and 17-22 us highway depending on wind... :)

My experiences so far are about the same. I'm VERY pleased at the fuel economy considering how much this beast weighs. I get better fuel economy with this 6800 # diesel than I did with my V-6 gas engine on my late, great Explorer, which I sold to my mechanic when the engine blew the head gasket at 180K.

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim, dump the piece and get a Dodge like every 5th PSD owner is at the moment.

Easier and cheaper to mod plus its a proven motor that's been around the block a few times. I can't wait for mine......

Either that or get an 03 7.3.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
I'm driving the expedition for now, till I find someone to A plan a new mustang. my dealer is being a lil **** about it at the moment, but I'm threatening to take my 2 new car purchases per year to thier most fierce enemy...but they prolly won't care. if that is the case, I will jump ship in a heartbeat.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
tim who are you dealing with up there?

I tryed to buy several trucks from Alexander in Franklin but i could never work a deal with them.... It would be a little over an hour drive for you but i always did pretty well with the dealership in Fayetteville Tn (elk valley ford)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online