Fuel in Degas Bottle

WyoF350turbo

Reaction score
So I have a question about fuel in the Degas Bottle of an 2007 F350. I noticed it in the Degas Bottle but truck doesn't burn any coolant, run rough or get hot. Just wondering where this fuel maybe coming from because truck doesn't have any head gasket symptoms and it does run exceptionally well. Any thoughts??

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel in the degas bottle is almost always a cracked head. It is possible to be a bad injector cup, but you would also need to have a failed injector o-ring on that same cylinder at the same time. It could happen, but not as likely as a cracked head.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lastly, the diesel fuel can distort and weaken the plastic degas bottle. It also destroys hoses.

It is necessary to replace all the coolant hoses in the system after a diesel contamination, and it is highly recommended to replace the degas bottle and cap... and the plastic "Y" under the degas bottle.

Last edited:

WyoF350turbo

Reaction score
I see, I was planning on replacing all the hoses but was hoping it wasn't a head as most of the symptoms others describe aren't happening to me. I was hoping possibly it to be from an old repair done before I purchased the truck as it seems to have not been very well taken care of. It currently has 292k miles and a reman engine has almost 93k. When I got it had no heat found out that the heater return hose( goes across firewall to the Degas Bottle) was plugged off with a screwdriver because the t fitting had broke. So I fixed it and shortly after the water pump failed I fixed it and flushed it as best I could on my timeline as had to get back to work. Old coolant was like 3 different colors when drained out so figured it might not have been circulating correctly. Put all new in and now I've noticed that I can get a small film of fuel but as far as I can tell I'm not making or loosing coolant so I was just hoping I overlooked something but I guess I'll look to tear it down and figure out where the leak is

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Head gasket (or head bolt) issues have a different set of symptoms than a cracked head at the injector hold-down bolt location.

WyoF350turbo

Reaction score
I see, I'll have to do some more work then and see if I can find anything else to help pinpoint the problem. Like I said it runs great just wasn't looking forward to tearing it down so soon

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The repair processes in the links I put up don't involve much of a tear down ..........

WyoF350turbo

Reaction score
Yeah those don't look to bad but I was hoping to stud it at the same time as the engine is still stock right now

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotcha. sounds like a good plan. sorry it is forcing your hand earlier than planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online