fuel bowl to head lines

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
something odd today

went to replace the o-rings on the two lines going from the fuel bowl to the heads. When i took them off at the fuel bowl ZERO fuel leaked out. How could this be? I was expecting fuel to be sitting in the lines.

This is on my 99 which is always louder than my 97. Now it gets me wondering if air is in the fuel lines causing it to be louder. The 99 has split shot injectors that should be quieter than the 97 with single shots.

I have already done the fuel tank to bowl mod. fuel bowl was full when the filter was removed.

This has got me stumped.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If the orings were bad, is it possible it was letting the fuel drain back to the tank?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the orings were bad, is it possible it was letting the fuel drain back to the tank?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

fuel bowl was full. Not sure if there are check valves besides at the heads, and I believe those are only screens.

No fuel came out of the lines going to the heads when disconnected from the fuel bowl. No fuel came out of the fuel bowl either.

I suppose I could disconect those lines on the 97 and see what happens.

joeblack5

Reaction score
Could it be that when the engine cools down and the diesel contracts that air get sucked in at the Schrader valve. That Schrader is the fuel pressure test point at the fuel pressure regulator ...basically a check valve.

Johan