FS: 1993 F-250 XL Extended Cab, LWB, 4x4 7.3 IDI in Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I've had this truck for almost 5.5 years. It has served me well as a work truck. These days it gets driven less, and less. I keep finding more and more excuses to not do yard work. I hate to see it sit, when someone else could appreciate it.

The truck said to have 146k - but odometer was broken. Rear pickup sensor was repaired. The engine has been replaced at some point with "Diesel Dealers". The engine runs great! Interior is the basic XL, with little folding side seats in the back. I'd give it a 4/10, but you are not buying this thing for the interior. The driver side door latch and cable is broke. Radio is broken. The GP controller I replaced few years back, is acting out again - time for a moment switch.

This was a street department truck, and was wired for antenna, and amber flashing lights. It has a brake controller, and a working hydraulic lift in the back. Heavy duty hitch.

$3500, or a reasonable offer.

Goodies:
ZF5,
Manual lockers
Hankook Dynapros A/T with less than 10k miles on them.
Working air conditioner.
3.55 rear axle ratio.
Working Tommy Gate (hydraulic lift gate).
HID Light upgrades.
In the last year: fuel filter, air filter, and regular oil changes.
In last 4 years replaced: power steering pump and lines, red head steering gear, vacuum pump, injector return flow fuel lines, all 8 glow plugs (Motorcraft ZD9), glow plug controller, 1000W block heater, a/c compressor, crankcase cdr valve, clutch pedal bearing, master and slave clutch cylinder, both batteries.

Trans Code: C
Axle Code: C9
Springs: 9F
GVWR: 8800 LB

Yakima rack not included.

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot's of eyes, but no questions. Maybe a question for you guys and gals?

Is the truck priced too high?

If you don't mind sending me a private message with your opinion, I would appreciate it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
couple of negatives....
1) it's a stripper work truck.
2) the bed top rail condition tells me it had the **** kicked out of it a time or two or three.

for me.......
i could care less of the condition IF there are detailed service records that come with it.
if not, i'd hit you at $2k and not a penny more. even less if the tommygate was not there.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the truck but

1) I can't afford another one right now (which doesn't stop me from looking)

2) You're a decent ways away even if I had the money.

Remember just because nobody is biting doesn't mean nobody is interested. It just means the RIGHT buyer hasn't seen it yet.

Plus Towcat is right, it's a little rough so lots of guys won't pay that much for it. Up here in NY that'd sell reasonably quick for 3k. Its really not very rusty. That's not as great of a selling point in your area.

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah - the bed and inside of the cab is a bit beat up. My asking price is/was the same as what Ford dealer offered on a trade. It's a great running work truck, to continue to beat on -- but yeah -- I can see why no one would want to spend no where near that for a beater.

The drive line is great at least. Now, off to haul a bed full of gravel for a yard project ;)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah - the bed and inside of the cab is a bit beat up. My asking price is/was the same as what Ford dealer offered on a trade. It's a great running work truck, to continue to beat on -- but yeah -- I can see why no one would want to spend no where near that for a beater. ;)
the dealer can offer you a bigger trade-in number due to the fact of what they are selling has inflated numbers to cover for the trade.

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@towcat, they were running an F-150 at 10k off msrp, plus the trade in. it was a hell of a deal, except having another payment part ;)

How to gain 200 hp in under an hour? Unload 3 scoops of round rock..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online