Front spindle nut kit

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all!
I came across a huge tree down on the main highway coming home Afro work. Well long story short I chained up with it and, tires squalling, I dragged it out of the road.
Well I had a weird squeal on the way home and jacked it up and found the passenger wheel loos as a goose. The bearings were really sloppy. Tore it down and saw that the little *** on the inner nut was sheared. I need another one STAT!
Where do y’all think I could find one locally. I’m in batons rouge and can’t seem to find one so far

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the most LOCAL option. I need one this weekend is the only problem. I have to go to work

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also take your old nut and with a punch tap the pin outwards just enough so that it will engage with the washer again. Did that on my 97 and have kept motoring for thousands of miles like that.

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up driving out the pin and pressing in a hardened roll pin. It was a TIGHT fit but I figured all the better. It went together nicely. Can’t see how that wouldn’t hold just as well.

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly couldn’t find the new nut locally that’s for sure. Napa, carquest, Autozone, Oreilly, bumper to bumper, ford, etc. NADA. Nothing.
Being that I have had this problem on two different trucks I figured SOMEONE would have one in a warehouse or something. Nope.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always kept a spare bearing kit, washer and nut just for problems like this. I have owned at least one 4 X 4 every year since 1969. Stay prepared!

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thankfully the bearings were in good condition. Just loosened and I just caught it in time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88