Front End Rebuild parts list.

Discussion in 'Drivetrain & Suspensions' started by tmills213, Oct 11, 2015.

1. tmills213

tmills213 Full Access Member

my 92 f250 4x4 rides like a dump truck. While I know its not a cadillac I do know for sure that it is sagging and sounds like a can or rocks sometimes. I am aware of the D60 swap but I have been looking for 4 months and cant find one within 300 miles of me for under 1200. I priced everything out at Advanced and rock auto. Both com pretty damn close after each rebate program. I think I will go with advanced because returns are much easier than rock if parts are wrong.

I have found one guy that rebuilt his TTB but some parts were different and I couldn't locate his part numbers he gave.

Here is what I have so far. What else am I missing besides Ujoints.???? (my thought is if I am in there, do it right once.)

hope this is legal here...

rock auto
    Capture_1.png
    advanced
    Capture%20tww.png

2. laserjock

laserjock Almost there... Supporting Member

I see you aren't getting any traffic here. You posted this in the medium duty truck section. A 92 F250 is not a medium duty truck. Post up over in the IDI section or at least in the Ford Diesel section and you should get good responses.

I think there is also a tech article on a D50 rebuilds in the IDI tech articles. @BrandonMag

3. BrandonMag

BrandonMag Dana 50 rebuilder Supporting Member

4. homelessduck

homelessduck Full Access Member

How's the rebuild going? I'm going through the same thing right now.

5. tmills213

I am not sure how to move this thread :(

So I ended up ordering front leaf bushings, wheel bearings outside and inside, seals, and pivot bushings. I didn't get into the spindle bearings, u joints, etc because it is getting cold fast here and it doesn't exactly fit in my garage. I really just wanted to get it rolling before winter hits and visit again in the spring. I still need to get some fluid film on here still.

I got into it and realized the shackle bushings are worse than the leaf bushings so I am currently waiting for those. The passenger side leafs are not done either. Need more hours in a day.

What I do have done seems to have made a big difference. No more rattle can sound and rides better. Hopefully I can finish the rest this weekend. I am about 16 hours in because I am slow and learning as I go.

Note: for the pivot bushings I tried doing them in the truck with the tires on. It worked for the most part but I ended up having to lower both at the same time or else the weight of the truck rests on the driveshaft. oops.

6. tmills213

7. homelessduck

homelessduck Full Access Member

Not sure if you noticed but Brandon recently updated the thread above with working pictures.

I found the easiest way for me was to completely strip and rebuild one side at a time.