Front clip swap?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Debating a front clip swap from brick to areo, is it as simple as bolt on and go? I can get a front clip from the junk yard for pretty cheap for it, radiators the same? Wiring etc? Headlight bulb are different style but will they plug and play with my current harness? Should I even do a clip swap? I just like the options of different light and style sorta. And would my bumper fit right or leave a big gap?

You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything in front of the firewall needs to be changed. Fenders, cowl, hood, core support, grille and little trim bits. Your bumper will work but it probably won’t follow the body lines as nicely

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
You will need a diesel core support but the rest of the body parts can come from any 92-96 truck. I put a 95 clip on an 85 truck and it bolted on. The only odd spot was by the bottom of the front pillars but not sure if that would be an issue on a brick nose. Your current bumper might actually work, but you might have to remove/relocate your light bar. The newer gap panel and grill will stick out a bit further going over the bumper, but the fender lines should remain the same.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was considering it because you can sorta tell from the picture nothing Is perfectly straight about my front clip, small dents in fenders, hoods a little crazy ect. Hopefully the bumper fits nicely I’d hate to have to find another I’ve got two of the enforcer bumpers but they are both bricknose

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
angle where the A-piller meets the fender will be off but other then that it will all bolt up.

dont forget things like marker lights and headlight pigtails may need to be changed

Hagan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only issue I've found so far...

Last edited:

Hagan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cut it off and welded it in the correct location. I know not everyone has that ability. That's just the way I did it.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did it, pulled the trigger on a front clip swap just gotta pull it all, diesel core support for 92+ diesel, battery trays, and fenders, hood, grill, lights, extra wires for lights, all the bolts, cowl. Anything I’m missing? Do I need the inner fender wells?