Found Banks 1st Gen COMPLETE Install Packet + Paraphernalia

dkleind0110

Reaction score
Been a lurker for a long time, finally have something worth posting. Purchased my truck from 1st owner and he had the installation packet from when he put it on the truck himself! Lost it in a move, and just found it again. I know how difficult it is to find stuff for our old turbo kits on IDIs, so I hope this helps!! Also found a product evaluation packet, it's also pretty rad to look through when these trucks were top of the line.

Installation Packet: link
Paraphernalia: link

*Not sure how to upload it says file is too large, so I'm just gonna give a link to my Google Drive, it's a PDF you can download. If anyone wants it as images or uploaded in another way let me know!

gandalf

Reaction score
Good find on the manual. Thanks for sharing it with us all. It seems better, published as a single unit, than the one I've sent to numerous members of the forum. I think mine may be an earlier edition, with bits and pieces thrown in from other sources.

I've got yours bookmarked for reference.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Wow! 0-60 in only 30.3 seconds! Lightning quick!
Those C6 trucks were real dogs. Especially with 3.55 gears. They weren't great, but at least it was an automatic option. Disclaimer: the previous statements were only the opinion of the author. They may or may not be factual. They also may or may not offend somebody else. You've been advised!:Thumbs Up

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
For the record: My 0 - to (purported) 72 was running T-19, 35's and 4.10 gears. She's just "big boned".
With the T-19 and the 35" tires, I can believe that the truck could go that fast. I'd also bet that it was getting close to being topped out as far as speed goes. The C6 was a fine transmission behind a gas engine, but the built in slip was AWFUL behind an IDI. An E4OD wasn't too bad (as long as all of the electrics were good). The lock up convertor made a huge difference. The four speeds weren't too bad, but I've always preferred the way that a ZF5 shifts.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd also bet that it was getting close to being topped out as far as speed goes.

Yes sir ... I was runnin' "flat out". Didn't gain much speed in the last 1/4 mile, then the trooper was up my pipe ... decided to come out of the throttle a little... let him out of the smoke screen.

lkrasner

Reaction score
My N/A 7.3 IDI short bus can cruise 70 all day. I think it's geared super low... Kinda screaming at those speeds, but it gets up there happy enough. Mileage falls off a cliff over about 60 though. Flat ground I can get it up to almost 80 if I'm patient enough haha

VanDiesel

Reaction score
"Those C6 trucks were real dogs. Especially with 3.55 gears. They weren't great, but at least it was an automatic option."

93 7.3L IDI in 1985 E250 Club Wagon, 3.55 driven by C6 with Hayes RV torque converter through GearVendors has reached over 100 on the flat, according to GPS trip record.