Forum Upgrades

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Let's see if it works.id hit the thanx button but I cant find it.

Bottom left of the post, move the cursor around a little and you'll find it (when you're over it "Thanks" will show up).

Lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok got the sig once thing fixed. guess ill have to make a thanks button image for this new theme as well......

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom left of the post, move the cursor around a little and you'll find it (when you're over it "Thanks" will show up).

Don't have a cursor.im using my phone since my laptop died.

Lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok got the theme edited and old logo back. let me know what you think mike.
ill have to work on the thanks button soon.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Thanks to Mike and company for getting the site back up and running. I imagine it was alot of hard work to get things repaired and I am grateful that its back on-line. Thanks again.

John

sassyrel

Reaction score
was working fine till monday morning,,,,who threw out the anchor????

Old Blue

Reaction score
The behavior I've been seeing is normally caused by table corruption in the datastore table for vBulletin. The problems posting/adding to the DB are often caused due to this table. It's an easy fix 9 out of 10 times, shut the forum off in the general options so no one can post to the database, and then run Repair Tables in the Maintenance section of the admin CP. You can also use myisamchk if you have SSH access with your hosting plan on the specific tables you find are corrupt. This only works if you are using ISAM tables and NOT innoDB tables though.

I don't want to step on any toes but I've been doing hosting and server admin for quite a while, if you guys ever need anything or just want someone to bounce ideas off of, let me know.

The underlying problem is usually a misconfigured mySQL, I've seen the query time limits often set far too short on a lot of hosting servers cause this over and over, if you can have a look at your my.cnf for anything fishy.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I notice it seems a bit slower than the old template. Also, what happened to all the "thanks" data that used to appear? Are we starting from scratch on that? Thanks!

sassyrel

Reaction score
Looks good! I notice it seems a bit slower than the old template. Also, what happened to all the "thanks" data that used to appear? Are we starting from scratch on that? Thanks!

WAAAAAAAYY slower!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 seconds page change responce time???

Lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure its the combo of the new theme and the ads that is slowing down the page load. the server isnt bogging down at all. 11 seconds to load the front page is insane. it was way snappier before the theme change and ads addition. ill talk to mike about it

Lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just simulated the ads being removed. its not the theme. its the ads with ads 11 second load. without .5 seconds. like i said ill talk to mike about his options