Ford Paint??

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're rust issues fall into a couple main categories. Window leaks and trapped moisture. The cowl probably was full of leaves and crap at some point causing the firewall. The rear window probably caused the back seam and that area of the floorboard I'm guessing rotted due to the cowl drains being plugged causing water to run in rather than out.

gandalf

Reaction score
I remember when I was young you could get an Earl Scheib paint job for $100. Those were the gold old days. I also remember that you were exceedingly lucky if they didn't paint the entire windshield. I guess those days have been gone for a while now.

I think maybe my daughter, the one in Maine, had the right idea when she painted an entire truck with rattlecans. Granted, it wasn't much of a truck, it was on it's last legs, and was an "island truck", but it ran, and it was a new color.;Sweet It served it's purpose, until it didn't.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
I take my previous statement back.....Just took a wirewheel to my paint.....It does NOT want to come off from the doors and fenders.....Stuff is tough. Hopefully still good enough to paint over once sanded.