Ford admits the 6.0 sucks..................

Cowboy2199

Ford Diesel Tech
Reaction score
The reason they are seeing problems is because of the new emessions controls on them. EGR's foul out alot because of long idling periods, these trucks need a high idle switch if they are going to idle for long periods of time...

So why not do the ambulance recalibration on them when they come in. That way if they are going to idle for a long period of time, they just have to hit the "E" brake and it automatically goes high idle...

No need to change the fan clutch or do anything else the TSB says to do, cause you arent doing it for the A/C compressor exploding.

Ford Tech

HOIB

MYRMIDON
Reaction score
I'm with Johnboy, but I firmly think that the public has gotten the raw end on some of these races to the power/best limit with trucks, It's all about the money and the public is the pinyata

Just my .02

Cowboy2199

Ford Diesel Tech
Reaction score
Last week there was article in USA Today that there is a big lawsuit between Ford and Navistar over the 6.0L.

Well now its gone to include the price that Ford has to pay for the 6.4L too.. So now the lawsuit has both engines involved..

Dont you just love Navistar... LOL I was hopin this would do in the Ford/Navistar deal, and GM would buy Chrysler and get rid of the dodge truck line, and Ford could start putting 5.9L cummins engines in their trucks.. :D:D:D

tgatch

Reaction score
GM will have a Cummins Option and a Duramax Option if that happens.

DieselBurps

Reaction score
Why on earth would they keep a Duramax option around then? Would people really want "adequate" when they could have something great?

"Put me down for mediocre - it's good enough for me!" :rotflmao

Cowboy2199

Ford Diesel Tech
Reaction score
what a quandry....

Actually if that happens, and GM did boy Dodge out, then the Cummins contract would have to be rewrote. In that case then the contract could be put up for bid, and Ford could come up with a Cummins option in their SD lineup..

I truly dont think that GM would do away with their Duracrap diesel. They like it too much, even though it dont sell for ******.. I think with the current issues that Ford is having with Navistar, would cause Ford to consider buying the Cummins contract with Dodge, and drop the Navistar contract...

Just my $.02

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive heard the duramax's dont do so bad from a few chevy techs, once and a while an injector issue...the cummmin's is an amazingly strong motor, if it ever made its way into the best chassis light duty trucks have to offer then i think it would sell like hot cakes.

these are all pipe dreams though, i dont know what offers cat and detriot diesel have for small diesel motor wise, but maybe one of those two would make its way into a light duty?

a lowly ford diesel tech can only hope, or that the 6.4 does fine

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on the calibrations of your truck

WOT boost should be about 18-24psi, as a general rule of thumb, there is a specific rating out there, but normal turbo boost operations as ive seen it 95% of the time has been in that range

bentwings

Reaction score
I get a kick out of the "tampering" thing. If you "tamper" with a Cummins injector fuel pump, the truck goes like crazy to the extent of your "tampering". If you "tamper" with the injectors, the Cummins goes even better. Then "tamper" with the transmissions and they go even better because the tran can work with the "tampered" motor. LOL

The same with the Dura-Max.....to a lesser extent :rotflmao

Now a PS, well if you "tamper" with it, it gets messed up and it goes back to the dealer to get de-warrantteed. :rotflmao Maybe they should weld the hood and body on so no "tampering" can be done. :rotflmao

Save the whips, I'll :backoff ;Really

haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online